The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is continuously seeking to hire highly motivated and outstanding doctoral researchers to work on different enabling technologies for the next generation (Beyond 5G/6G) wireless communications networks for its Interdisciplinary Centre of Security and Trust (SnT), within the Signal Processing and Communications (SigCom) research group, led by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas.
The SigCom research group at the SnT carries out research activities in the areas of signal processing for wireless communication systems including satellite communications and radar systems, and is rapidly expanding its research areas to various enabling technologies for beyond 5G/6G wireless networks.
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Wireless Communications Technologies for Beyond 5G/6G Networks
- Ref: RCREQ0003971
- 36 months fixed-term contract with a further possible 1-year extension if required
- Full time basis (40 hrs/week)
- Employee and student status
- Number of positions: 1
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Carrying out novel research works in one of the following predefined areas
- Novel communications technologies for Beyond 5G/6G networks and services
- Machine learning/deep learning techniques and Artificial Intelligence for wireless communications
- Reconfigurable intelligent surfaces for energy-efficient Beyond 5G/6G networks
- Quantum-assisted communication technologies for 6G wireless networks
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Presenting results in the well-known international conferences and workshops
The candidate should possess an M.Sc./M.Eng. Degree in Telecommunication Engineering, signal processing, machine learning or a closely related field in Electronic, Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Experience: The candidate should have some knowledge and experience in some of the following topics:
- 5G wireless communications technologies
- Wireless Internet of Things (IoT) technologies
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs)
- Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces
- Cross-layer resource allocation and optimization
- Quantum communications
and be familiar with the principles of
- Machine learning/Deep learning/AI
- Linear algebra
- Graph theory
- Optimization theory
Programming skills: MATLAB, Python or C++.
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory.
For further information, please contact: Dr. Shree Krishna Sharma (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should be written in English and should include:
- Full CV, including list of publications and names (and contact information including email addresses) of three references
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300 words)
- A research statement (max. 1 page)
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 15/09/2020.
Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered. Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception.