The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Nano-Optics Group at the University of Cologne performs research at the intersection between optics, nanoscience, and physical chemistry, and in particular studies the interaction of single nano-objects with optical fields. We are looking for a PhD candidate to work on the optical spectroscopy of graphene nanoribbons (GNRs), a novel form of nanostructured graphene. The goal of the project is to study fundamental optical and optoelectronic processes and properties of GNRs and explore their application in nano- scale optoelectronic devices. More information about the activities of the work group at https://nano-optics.uni-koeln.de.
- Spectoscopic studies on GNRs and GNR devices
- Fabrication of GNR devices and nanoscale optical structures
- Evaluation of data and preparation of scientific publications
- Participation in teaching activities of work group
WE OFFER YOU
- state-of-the art facilities
- a multidisciplinary and stimulating research environment at the heart of Europe » Opportunities to participate in international conferences
- active supervision of your graduate studies
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from now on a part-time basis (19,92 hours per week). It is limited to 31.08.2022. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2007-11 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 14.08.2020.
- Master’s degree in experimental physics or physical chemistry with experience in optical spectroscopy
- good communication skills in English
- creative and inquisitive attitude
- Skills in nanofabrication techniques are an advantage but not a requisite
|Contact person||Mr Klas Lindfors|
Type of employment
|Institute / Institution||Nano-Optics Group of Prof. Dr. Klas Lindfors | Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences|
|Period of employment||It is limited to 31.08.2022.|
|Application Deadline||Saturday, 15. August 2020 – 1:59|
13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector