We are looking for highly motivated PhD students and Post-doc fellows to join an ERC-founded project (https://www.news.uliege.be/cms/c_12316474/fr/francesca-rapino-decroche-un-erc-starting-grant-pour-son-projet-trnatogo).
Candidates with a strong interest in fundamental cancer research and/or omics data analysis pipelines development are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will be working in a dynamic and international environment and will be performing cutting-edge science.
The candidates will join a new group that will work in a dynamic environment at the GIGA institute(www.giga.uliege.be). The focus of the new group will be to understand and characterize the origin of cancer stem cells from a tRNA prospective. We use patient derived cell lines, murine models, a wide range of sequencing approaches (i.e.: RNA-seq, ribo-seq, polysome profiling-sequencing, single cell sequencing, tRNA sequencing) and proteomics approaches to identify new potential vulnerabilities that can be utilized for targeted therapies in cancer.
The project focus on assessing the role of tRNA heterogeneity in the establishment of cancer stem cells. The successful candidates will be in charge of developing cutting-edge screen techniques, analyzing sequencing data, generate relevant mouse models and assessing the impact of the findings on patient derived material.
- Ladang*, Rapino* et al, J.Exp.Med. (2015)
- Delaunay et al, J.Exp.Med. (2016)
- Rapino et al, Trends in Cancer (2017)
- Rapino et al, Nature (2018)
- Master’s level degree or PhD degree in relevant disciplines (biology, pharmacy).
- Experience with CRISPR-Cas9 screens for Post-doc is highly preferred.
- Experience with molecular biology, cell culture methods, and mouse models are preferred.
- Experience in analysing large sequencing dataset (R, Python expertise) is preferred but not necessary.
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
If interested, please send your CV, degree certificate, transcript of grades, a summary of accomplishments/research interests, and contact information for two references to Dr. Francesca Rapino (Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org)