Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
LTH forms the Faculty of Engineering at Lund University, with approximately 9 000 students. The research carried out at LTH is of a high international standard and we are continuously developing our teaching methods and adapting our courses to current needs.
The department of Building and Environmental Technology at Lund University, Faculty of Engineering invites applications for a position as Associate Senior Lecturer in Fire Safety Engineering with a focus on Fire Safety Modelling.
Fire safety engineering with a focus on fire safety modelling.
Fire safety design of buildings and urban environments covers several aspects of the course of a fire and includes also the interventions of active systems like water sprinkler systems and smoke ventilation systems. The design can analytical and be based on deterministic or probabilistic modelling of smoke spread and occupant evacuation in the case of a fire. The subject encompasses these models but also other modelling tools like empirical models, zone models, CFD models, occupant evacuation models and tools for virtual reality modelling.
Employment as an Associate Senior Lecturer is a career development position and aims for the holder to develop his or her independence as a researcher and educator. The work duties mainly involve research and teaching. The position shall include the opportunity for five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning.
Work duties include:
- Research within the subject area
- Teaching in the first, second and third cycles of studies
- Supervision of degree projects and doctoral students
- Actively seeking external research funding
- Collaboration with industry and wider society
- Administration related to the work duties listed above
Appointment to Associate Senior Lecturer requires that the applicant has a PhD, or acquired corresponding research expertise.
Priority should be given to applicants who have completed their degree or acquired the corresponding expertise no more than five years before the last date for applications.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
For appointments to Associate Senior Lecturer, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A good ability to develop and conduct research.
- Teaching skills.
- Good oral and written proficiency in Swedish.
- Experience as post doctor or equivalent experience from the industry and/or the public sector.
- Very good knowledge in fire safety modelling using CFD models
- Very good knowledge in using occupant evacuation models
Consideration will also be given to ability to co-operate, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research, education and innovation within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, fixed-term employment of 6 years. The period of employment is determined in accordance with Chapter 4 Section 12a§ HEA.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English. Draw up the application in accordance with the Academic qualifications portfolio at LTH, se link below, and attach it as three PDF files (in the recruitment system). Read more here:
Promotion to Senior Lecturer in Fire Safety Engineering with a focus on Fire safety Modelling
During the period of employment, an Associate Senior Lecturer can apply for appointment to a permanent position as Senior Lecturer if he or she has the required qualifications listed below, and is deemed to be suitable. An Associate Senior Lecturer can only apply for promotion once.
Appointment to Senior Lecturer requires that the applicant has:
- A PhD or corresponding research competence or professional expertise considered important with regard to the subject matter of the post and the work duties it will involve.
- Demonstrated teaching expertise.
- Completed five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning, or acquired equivalent knowledge by other means.
- Good ability to co-operate, independence and drive.
- Basic oral and written proficiency in Swedish.
- Development of research and teaching expertise.
- Ability to actively, independently and successfully seek external funding.
- Ability to contribute to innovation and renewal of activities.
When assessing the applicants, special importance will be given to research and teaching expertise.
For appointments to Senior Lecturer, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A good national and international standing as a researcher. The requirement for international experience shall be assessed with consideration to the character and traditions of the subject.
- Good teaching ability, including a good ability to conduct, develop and lead teaching and other educational activities on different levels and using a variety of teaching methods.
- An ability to supervise doctoral students to achieve a PhD.
- An ability to collaborate with wider society and communicate his or her activities.
- A good general ability to lead and develop activities.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
To apply, please click the button “Login and apply”
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Contact||Håkan Frantzich, 046-2229591|
|Union representative||SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-222 93 64, firstname.lastname@example.orgOFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62, email@example.com|
|Last application date||31.Jan.2021 11:59 PM CET|