At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Electronic Systems, a position as Research Assistant in Wireles Connectivity is open for appointment from March 1, 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is available for 12 months.
The Research Assistant will be associated with the Connectivity Section and contribute towards its significant research output as well as its reputation and visibility outside.
The Connectivity Section at Aalborg University focuses its research on systems and methods for enabling reliable wireless connectivity, as well as distributed algorithms that make use of realistic connectivity models. The key research areas include, but are not limited to: Internet of Things, 5G and beyond 5G systems, satellite communications, as well as areas related to communication, such as machine learning, blockchain and data analytics.
You will contribute to industrial collaboration projects that deal with wireless access for Internet of Things (IoT) systems. Moreover, you will also contribute to an EU project that deals with Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (RIS) technology for controlling of the wireless environment. Your role will primarily focus on the protocol and PHY/MAC layer aspects of RIS, while working closely with the rest of the team to propose and evaluate new solutions.
We expect that you:
- Have a significant theoretical background and hands-on expertise in wireless communications, protocol design and statistics that can be demonstrated with experience in publications in the relevant fields. Ideally, these include some prior work on 5G-related topics, (massive) machine-type communications and/or communications for mission critical applications.
- Can demonstrate good programming skills in Matlab or Python, which are required for this position.
- Are up to date with and continuously follows the most recent advances and state of the art in the area of wireless communications.
- Have experience in writing and producing publications and reports.
- Have professional level of both written and spoken English.
- Are able to work independently and in collaboration with others.
A limited involvement in teaching, such as group supervision and teaching assistance within the area of wireless communications, signal processing and statistics can be expected.
Please note that the job description may not be exhaustive and the candidate who gets the position may be required to undertake other tasks, which are in line with the above key responsibilities.
You may obtain further professional information from Petar Popovski, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The required level of qualifications is at master level.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copy of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and, if any, PhD) On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Sanne V. Hejlesen by mail email@example.com or phone (+45) 99403972.
Appointment to Research Assistant may be for a period of up to three years. Reappointment may be made, but a Research Assistant can only be appointed to Research Assistant for a period of maximum three years. Further information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Fri Jan 29 00:00:00 CET 2021