KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
This project is focused on advanced nuclear fuel development. Experimental and computational methods will be used to develop advanced nuclear fuel for Accident Tolerant Fuel (ATF) concepts and Gen-IV reactor technology. The objective is to develop advanced methods for manufacture and analysis to support fuel development, exposure, characterization and qualification. The postdoc will also work on preparation of grant proposals, reports and publications and will help with supervising graduate and undergraduate researchers in their research projects. This project contributes to the SSF SAFETY project and the SSF SUNRISE centre.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Work that aims towards a sustainable society with the means of developing state of the art nuclear technology
A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science or a closely related field, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- Experience with experimental research on nuclear fuels.
- Experience with design and construction of instrumentation for nuclear fuel tests.
- Programing skills with LabVIEW and MATLAB scripting languages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in leading the preparation of scientific publications.
Research expertise is of great importance, as well as teaching abilities, awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality. It is important that the candidate has great collaborative abilities and independence. Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||2021-02-01 or according to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Professor Pär Olsson, Head of dept Physics, email@example.com, +46 73-7650538Dr Denise Adorno Lopes, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Last application date||15.Jan.2021 11:59 PM CET|