KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The research group in Number Theory at the Department of Mathematics is offering a one-year post-doctoral position with the possiblity of prolongation for one additional year. The successful candidate is expected to conduct research within the area of analytic number theory, additive combinatorics or related fields.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
- Research expertise.
- Teaching abilities.
- Awareness of diversity and equal opportunity issues, with specific focus on gender equality.
- Collaborative abilities.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- A cover letter
- CV including a list of publications and all relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Research statement (at most 4 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly by the letter writers to firstname.lastname@example.org with S-2020-1774 in the subject line. Letters must be received by the application deadline.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||2021-09-01 or according to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Associate Professor Lilian Matthiesen, email@example.com|
|Last application date||15.Feb.2021 11:59 PM CET|