KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The project investigates efficient architectures and machine-learning algorithms for edge computing nodes in embedded systems for specific applications in medical, healthcare, automotive and robotics domains. Such edge computing nodes appearing in various sensor networks and IoT devices often need to process large amount of sensor data in real time and communicate via wired och wireless channels to external devices with high throughput. The problem is especially challenging because of limited resources in terms of area, power and storage and strict non-functional requirements on predictability and dependability in those embedded computing devices . This calls for innovative architectures on which approximate machine learning algorithms can execute efficiently to perform runtime data analytic tasks such as data filtering, feature extraction and anomaly detection etc.
The position includes both research in the project 80% and teaching duties in the department 20%.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
We are looking for a Postdoc who has genuine interest in hardware architecture, hardware/software architecture specialization for machine learning, and embedded system design. The Postdoc is expected to have strong background in computer or electrical engineering, embedded systems, and machine learning algorithms. The Postdoc is expected to be able to publish high quality papers and develop research prototype.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Embedded Systems or related areas, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline. (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
- Scientific skills.
- Educational ability.
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
- Cooperative skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH’s webbpage.
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
- Five representative publications with a brief account of own contributions to each paper.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is still valid for one year and then the employment may be renewed for a maximum of one year.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH’s work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Contact||Zhonghai Lu, firstname.lastname@example.orgTysse Norlindh Falk, email@example.com|
|Last application date||15.Feb.2021 11:59 PM CET|