The doctoral program at the Institute of History and Theory of Architecture (gta), offers two fellowship positions to start on 1 October 2021. This program focuses on the history and theory of architecture and urbanism in a wider context of cultural history, including the history and theory of art, science, and technology.
The tasks of the scholarship holders of the doctoral program include the following:
- Continuing education within and outside their field of research
- Active participation in the teaching activities of the department
- Contributions to curricular and extra-curricular events and projects, scientific dissemination, conferences and workshops
- The independent completion of a research project in the form of a dissertation under the supervision of a professor
We are seeking junior researchers with a background in the history and theory of architecture and art, or architects with research experience. Suitable candidates hold a university diploma or master’s degree in architecture, history of art, or related fields, and can demonstrate excellent research and writing skills.
We especially invite female candidates to apply for this fellowship.
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH ZurichGet connected
Submission deadline: 15 February 2021, 23:59 CET
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact details for two academic references (contacts only, please; no letters will be accepted)
- Outline of a research project to be completed during the fellowship
Application requirements regarding content and formatting are provided by this link:
Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For information about the program, open positions and our department, please refer to our websites:
If you have any further questions (no applications) please email Dr. Irina Davidovici:
For general information on working and studying at ETH, please refer to this link: