The subject area is landscape architecture with a specialization in urban blue-green
infrastructure and adaptation to climate changes, especially within ecosystem ecology
and urban hydrology. The aim of this position is to develop knowledge within the subject area, supporting
nature-based solutions for urban climate adaption.
The senior lecturer is, within the subject area, expected to:
- contribute to development and strengthening of research and education (from bachelor
to doctoral level)
- take active part in education, both practical and theoretical, including supervision and
examination on both undergraduate and master level
- take active part in research and supervision of doctoral students, produce scientific
publications and apply for research grants
- take part in and develop teaching collaborations within the subject area, with the
department and SLU as well as with similar subject areas at other higher education
institutes in Sweden and internationally
- develop and strengthen cooperation and collaboration with the surrounding society
The candidate shall have:
- a PhD degree in environmental science, landscape architecture or an equivalent
- demonstrated pedagogical skills in teaching at undergraduate, master and post-graduate
- completed pedagogical education in teaching in higher education corresponding to at
least 10 weeks of studies, or have acquired the corresponding knowledge in some other
- scientific expertise within the research area
- demonstrated experience of trans- and interdisciplinary research
- documented ability to attract external research funding
- good knowledge in Swedish, or another Scandinavian language, and English
Assessment criteria for appointment will primarily be based on the degree to which the
applicant possesses the required qualifications specified for the position. Equal attention
will be paid to the assessment of teaching proficiency and the assessment of academic
The assessment of pedagogic skills will consider:
- planning, conducting and evaluating teaching within the subject area
- supervision and examination of students
- an ability to integrate research and a scientific approach in teaching
Experience of modern teaching methodology, such as digital teaching methods and ebased learning, will be paid regard to.
The assessment of scientific skill will consider:
- the applicant’s ability to develop the research in the subject area of the position, for
example the ability to receive research grants and publish in scientific journals and books
- experience from trans- and interdisciplinary research of relevance for landscape
architecture and planning
Moreover, regard will be paid to a strong network for collaboration which can be of use
for the teaching
Final date of application:
Place of work:
Form of employment:
According to agreement
Use the document Application guidelines for appointment as professor, senior lecturer or associate senior lecturer at SLU as guide when you fill in your application.
Please apply by clicking the apply-button below.
Academic union representatives:
The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) develops the understanding and sustainable use and management of biological natural resources. The university ranks well internationally within its subject areas. SLU is a research-intensive university that also offers unique degree programmes in for example rural development and natural resource management, environmental economics, animal science and landscape architecture.
SLU has just over 3,000 employees, 5,000 students and a turnover of SEK 3 billion. The university has invested heavily in a modern, attractive environment on its campuses in Alnarp, Umeå and Uppsala.
SLU is an equal opportunity employer.
Ingrid Sarlöv Herlin
Head of Department
Åsa Ode Sang
040-41 54 28
Faculty Adminstrative Officer