Do you have an affinity with ICT systems, enjoy solving puzzles, tackling complex information management issues and analysing data? The Amsterdam University College (AUC) is looking for a temporary local coordinator for the Student Information System (UvA SIS), to cover the long-term sick leave of a colleague. We are committed to strengthening inclusivity and diversity at AUC, which calls on us to stand firmly against discrimination, and to ensure an environment where every member of our community feels welcome and safe and knows their contribution is valued and respected. In this context we welcome and encourage applications for this post from people of all backgrounds.
What are you going to do?
Together with other colleagues, you will take care of the input/update/retrieval of data in our Student Information System (UvA SIS), including enrolment of students in courses, input of grades and credits, the provision of student record information, and the graduation process.
- offer local application support (lokaal functioneel beheer) within AUC for UvA SIS, and liaise with the University of Amsterdam’s central application support (SIS centraal beheer);
- be the main contact person for AUC staff and students for (technical) SIS issues, and take care of AUC user accounts and authorisations in SI;
- have responsibilities with regard to installing and updating the AUC curriculum, courses, requirements etc. within UvA SIS and the Datanose interface (AUC Portal).
You will report to the team leader of the Admissions & Registrar team.
Because of the coronavirus measures, you will be expected to work from home as much as possible in the coming months (AUC will provide a laptop). You will need to be able to access an adequate WiFi/internet connection in order to take part in online meetings (video-conferencing) and work remotely.
What do we require?
- have an affinity with ICT systems; you enjoy solving puzzles, tackling complex information management issues and analysing data; you pay meticulous attention to details;
- are familiar with MS Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook). Well-developed Excel skills will be particularly useful;
- are able to communicate easily in English and Dutch, and enjoy working in an international team;
- like working in a busy service-oriented environment, and are able to keep a calm head in a crisis;
- have the capacity and willingness to learn fast on-the-job, and you are able to show initiative and be self-motivated.
If you already have experience working with relational databases that will be an advantage. It would be ideal if you already have experience with student information systems such as PeopleSoft Campus Solutions (UvA SIS), Osiris, SAP. And if you already have experience working with student administration in a university context that will be an advantage too.
A temporary contract via UvA Jobservice BV for 30 hours per week for 12 months. An immediate start is possible. The UFO profile Functioneel (Informatie) Beheerder applies.
The salary level, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,329 to €3,548 gross per month (salary scale 7 or 8) based on a fulltime contract (38 hours a week), exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
About the Amsterdam University College
Amsterdam University College (AUC) offers a liberal arts and sciences programme leading to a joint Bachelor’s (Honours) degree issued by the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Vrije Universiteit (VU) Amsterdam. AUC is based on the liberal arts and sciences model, with students living and studying together on an international campus located at Amsterdam Science Park. The programme is taught entirely in English, is small-scale and selective, and admits a maximum of 300 students each year based on their academic performance and motivation.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
- Iris Effendi, Team Leader Admissions & Registrar
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
Do you recognise yourself in the job profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 3 February 2021.
You may apply by sending your motivation letter and CV (in English) via email using the link below.
No agencies please