Postdoc in Structural Virology group, the Pavel Plevka lab of virology, provide structural information for development of anti-viral drugs.
We seek a post-doctoral scientist to join the Pavel Plevka lab of structural virology at CEITEC (http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz). We use cryo-electron microscopy and tomography to determine three-dimensional structures of viruses and study their replication in infected cells. We aim to provide structural information for development of anti-viral drugs and phage therapy. We study human viruses from the families Picornaviridae and Flaviviridae. Our phage studies are focused on biofilms of Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
Our lab is part of the Structural Biology program at CEITEC. We have access to in-house electron microscopes: Titan Krios equipped with Falcon3 and K2 detectors, Talos Arctica, TF20, and dual beam microscope Versa 3D for cryo-focused ion beam milling. The group includes technicians to assist with routine laboratory tasks.
- The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, structural biology, or informatics.
- The applicant must have demonstrated the ability to pursue his/her research projects independently.
- A positive attitude towards programming, scripting, and Unix-based systems is desired.
- Knowledge of structural biology and tissue culture methods is a plus but not required.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- In-house core facilities for cryo-EM and light imaging with expert support.
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service).
- Six weeks of paid holiday.
Anticipated start date: Negotiable
To apply, please send your CV, including the contact information of two referees and a complete list of publications, by filling the online application. If you have any problems with filling the application, please contact Veronika Slezáková at email@example.com.
Application deadline: 31.5. 2021
For further information about:
- Plevka lab: http://plevkalab.ceitec.cz
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- Masaryk University, please visit https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617
To apply for this job please visit www.muni.cz.