DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
Modern printing technologies rely on advanced ink design and their interaction with paper. lt is therefore of prime importance to gain understanding in the interaction of complex fluids with porous bio-based materials. Crucial parameters are the ink and solvent components, the drying conditions, process parameters, and substrate/media properties. The group of Stephan Roth has long-standing experience in observing film formation on complex substrates with highest time and spatial resolution. The same efforts are undertaken by industrial ink developers and printing technologies. We aim at elucidating the complex fluid (ink)-media interaction and imbibition from both an applied and fundamental point of view. In addition, the PhD student helps in performing and analyzing industrial beamtimes.
- Development of printing techniques optimized for in situ observations
- Investigating the interaction of complex fluids on surface using advanced synchrotron and neutron methods
- Performing and analyzing of measurement campaigns supported by industrial beamtimes at DESY
- Presentation of results at national and international meetings and conferences
- Master completed in physics, material sciences, materials chemistry or physical chemistry
- Fluent business English
- Knowledge of coating technologies
- Knowledge of X-ray techniques
- Experience in presenting scientific results
For further information please contact Stephan V. Roth 040-8998-2934 or Arik Willner 040-8998-4692.
The position is limited to 3 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online Application