DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
Cellulose nanofibrils play a crucial role in sustainable materials science. They are based on renewable biomaterials and show ultimate mechanical properties. Based on cellulose nanofibrils, we aim in creating novel multi-component materials for flexible sustainable electronics and energy conversion applications utilizing water-based processes (‘green chemistry’). The PhD candidate will be stationed and enrolled within a doctoral program at KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Developing functional coatings based on cellulose and water-based processes
- lnvestigating the underlying processes on the nanoscale using advanced characterization methods
- Performing and analyzing of measurement campaigns at DESY, national and international large scale facilities
- Publication and presentation of results at national and international meetings and conferences
- Master completed in physics, material sciences, materials chemistry or physical chemistry or comparable natural science
- Fluent business English
- Knowledge of coating technologies
- Knowledge of X-ray tor neutron techniques
- Experience in presenting scientific results
For further information please contact Stephan V. Roth 040-8998-2934.
The position is limited to 3 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online Application