DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
The Photo lnjector Test Facility PITZ in Zeuthen (near Berlin) develops high brightness electron sources for Free Electron Lasers (FELs) like FLASH and European XFEL. The main focus of the research program at PITZ is on further improvement of pulsed photo injectors and on developments towards future CW electron sources. We also work on beam driven plasma wakefield acceleration and on applications of high brightness electron beams.
- Work in one of the world-leading international groups of physicists and engineers for the further development of photo injectors
- Participate in the upgrade of the photocathode laser systems and develop innovative concepts and techniques for the diagnostics of high-quality laser and electron beams
- Perform numerical simulations to support the accelerator R&D program at PITZ or to optimize subcomponents of the photo injector towards applications of high brightness electron beams
- Participate in the shift operation of PITZ for accelerator R&D
- Excellent university degree in accelerator physics with PhD
- Very good knowledge in laser technology, accelerator physics and accelerator technology
- Strong background in beam dynamics simulations of space charge dominated beams as well as in numerical methods
- Very good knowledge of English is required and knowledge of German is of advantage
For further information please contact Dr. Anne Oppelt, +49-33762 77-527, email@example.com.
The position is initially limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online Application