The position is part of the ERC consolidator grant REBUILDCNS, which aims at devicing strategies to awake the regeneration capacity of mammalian stem cells to repair the brain. The project combines generation of single cell omics data, lineage tracing and genome editing to interrogate the changes chromatin landscape necessary to increase brain regeneration. This analysis shall unravel fundamental questions of stem cell plasticity. The project requires close interactions with computational biologist and mathematicians, offering a unique opportunity to scientist interested in interdisciplinary work and lateral thinking.
The successful candidate should have:
- a degree in life sciences
- openness to immerse into big data analysis
- experience in two of the following fields: omics data, neurobiology, stem cell biology, genome editing
- experience with model organisms is desired, but not required
Highly motivated outstanding students curious about fundamental questions related to stem cell biology are welcome to apply. PhD students are expected to have a published record of achievements that would enable them to successfully apply for PhD students fellowships. Applicants should add a CV, letters of recommendation, and a short outline of their research interests.
- Interesting, versatile workplace
- International, attractive working environment
- Campus with modern state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Access to international research networks
- Doctoral student payment including social benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training and mentoring program through the Helmholtz International Graduate School
Earliest Possible Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: The position is limited to 3 years.
Application Deadline: 13.03.2019
Prof. Dr. Ana Martin-Villalba
Phone +49 (0)6221/42-3766
Please note that we do not accept applications submitted via email.
The German Cancer Research Center is committed to increase the percentage of female scientists and encourages female applicants to apply. Among candidates of equal aptitude and qualifications, a person with disabilities will be given preference.
To apply for a position please use our online application portal (www.dkfz.de/jobs).
We ask for your understanding that we cannot return application documents that are sent to us by post (Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Personalabteilung, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg) and that we do not accept applications submitted via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.