|We invite applications for a joint postdoctoral research experience with MIT and ODU, to conduct research with the CLAS12 spectrometer at Jefferson Lab.|
The successful applicant will be expected to take a leadership role in one or more of our CLAS12 experiments, including:
• Studying short-range correlations and the NN interaction at short distances via measurements of exclusive two- and three- nucleon knockout reactions off light and heavy nuclei nuclei, and
• Studying wide phase-space electron-nucleus scattering reactions to constrain bias in neutrino oscillation measurements,
• Studying the origin of the EMC effect via measurements of tagged DIS off Deuterium,
and will enjoy the opportunity to supervise our undergraduate and graduate students working on these experiments.
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in nuclear, particle or other related fields of physics.
|1. prepare CLAS12 experiments|
2. analyze CLAS12 experiments
3. supervise undergraduate and graduate students
4. prepare papers for publication
5. perform the duties of a CLAS12 collaboration member
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, CV, a statement of research interests (1-2 pages) to ODU Research Foundation website, http://researchfoundation.odu.edu – click on the employment tab and follow the link for position. Please arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent to email@example.com .
Please include Prof. Or Hen at henMITPostdocSearch@gmail.com and Prof. Lawrence Weinstein firstname.lastname@example.org The position number 19PHY.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE/M/F/Disability/VETS/Drug Free