The Department for Computational Linguistics of the University of Zurich is seeking a postdoctoral researcher (80-100%) to work in the newly founded Digital Linguistics research group headed by Prof. Dr. Lena Jäger.
The postdoctoral researcher is joining a team focusing on the interface between computational linguistics, cognitive science and machine learning. We experimentally and computationally investigate the cognitive processes that underlie human language processing and develop machine learning methods for the application-oriented analysis of language data.
- Developing methods for the analysis of linguistic data
- Designing and supervising eye-tracking experiments
- Teaching (4h/week)
- PhD in computational linguistics, (computational) cognitive science, computer science or a related field
- Proven track record of experience in language modeling
- Excellent programming skills (preferably Python, R)
- Strong background in machine learning and/or statistics with the ability to expand your knowledge
- Languages: fluent English and advanced German skills
- Experience in designing and conducting linguistic experiments is a plus
- Experience with eye-tracking is a plus
What we offer
- Opportunity to define and carry out your own research within the research focus of the group
- Support for conference and summer school attendance
- Small and enthusiastic team
- High standard of living in one of the most attractive European cities
Place of work
University of Zurich
Department for Computational Linguistics
Start of employment
Starting date is by agreement. Application including CV, academic record, list of publications and a (brief) research statement should be submitted by August 31, 2020.