Baltic Biomaterials Centre of Excellence (BBCE) is a joint centre for advanced biomaterials development based on the cooperation between Riga Technical University, Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis, Rīga Stradiņš University, LLC Rīga Stradiņš University Institute of Stomatology, AO Research Institute Davos, and Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg. The strategic research direction of the BBCE is the development of the patient-specific personalized solutions for bone regeneration and it includes material development, pre-clinical evaluation, and clinical trials.
This position is offered within the scope of Horizon 2020 BBCE project.
|Organisation name||Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis|
|Funding type||European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme|
|Type of contract||Fixed (1 year), with the option for an extension (up to 3 years)|
|Career stage||R2 Recognised Researcher (PhD holders or equivalent who are not yet fully independent), R3 Established Researcher (researchers who have developed a level of independence)|
|Employment type||Full time|
The successful candidate will work in the Latvian Institute of Organic Synthesis and will be a part of the pre-clinical biomaterial evaluation group and investigate the tissue response to biomaterials intended for use in bone repair, facial reconstruction, oral and maxillofacial surgery. Self-motivated scholars with experience in histology, immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy are encouraged to apply. Expertise in bone biology and physiology, in vivo and ex vivo small animal handling, and hard tissue embedding and sectioning is a plus. A PhD, or MD/PhD in a relevant field and a strong publication record is required.
Basic salary EUR 51 000,- p.a. before tax
Dedicated funding for training and short term mobility (e.g. scientific conferences).
We are searching for the candidate with:
- PhD in relevant fields including life sciences, medicine, or pharmacy.
- Established scientific record in applications of histology, pathology, and confocal microscopy.
- Full set of mandatory competences, desirable competences as well as the selection methodology see here: Evaluation criteria and methodology for the recruitment of Postdoctoral Research Scientist. Women are explicitly encouraged to apply to increase their share in science and research.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Motivation letter (up to 1 A4 page), particularly outlining the experience in histology and confocal microscopy;
- CV in English (Europass format), providing the data on work experience, education, trainings and mobility, publications, h-index, patents, projects (indicating the role of the applicant in the project), honours and awards;
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly by the issuer to firstname.lastname@example.org