Amsterdam University College (AUC) is looking for a Quality Officer: a policy advisor who informs the management on the quality of our education based on (statistical) analyses of survey data, student results, admission data etc.
What are you going to do?
The Quality Officer Institutional Research analysis data to provide insights about the effectiveness and efficiency of AUC’s teaching programme. The tasks can vary over time, depending on the questions the Management Team, Head of Studies and Board of Studies have, but include contributions to AUC’s annual report and curriculum and course quality reports. Examples of concrete tasks are:
- gathering, analysing and interpreting data from different sources (surveys, admission, UvAdata, etc.);
- investigating the relationships between AUC’s study programme and follow-up programmes of our graduates;
- assessing the effectiveness of our admission process related to study success;
- assessing the impacts of the Binding Study Advice (BSA) on study behaviour;
- writing reports and papers about the quality of education at AUC.
The quality officer reports to the Director of Education.
What do we require?
- A completed university programme at master’s level;
- experience with quality assurance at university level is preferred;
- a strong background in (applied) statistics;
- experience with analysing surveys results using statistical software, e.g. R or SPSS;
- good writing skills;
- fluency in English (level C1) and Dutch (level B2);
- a pro-active attitude.
An employment contract for a part-time position (19 hours/week). The appointment is offered for one year in the first instance. The UFO profile is Policy Advisor 4 (beleidsmedewerker).
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,709 to €4,402 (scale 10) gross per month, based on a full-time contract of 38 hours a week. This is exclusive 8 % holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
About the Amsterdam University College
Amsterdam University College (AUC) is the organisational unit of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU) that organises a joint bachelor programme in Liberal Arts and Sciences for about 900 students. It offers over 250 courses. AUC employs about 50 core staff members. AUC’s academic staff teaches about one third of all our courses. The other lecturers come mostly from the faculties at the UvA or the VU. Furthermore, AUC is:
- an engaging academic and social context, supported by small class sizes, a residential college setting and state-of-the-art facilities;
- a centre of academic excellence with an international and intercultural focus, as well as outreach to the (local) community;
- a welcoming community encouraging diversity and excellence, by, among other initiatives, offering scholarships through the AUC Scholarship Fund.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
- Dr Michiel van Drunen, Director of Education
Procedure and job application
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
Do you recognise yourself in the job profile? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 13 January 2021. You may apply online by using the link below.
Applications should include a motivation letter and separate CV (in English).
We will invite potential candidates for interviews on 26 and 27 January 2021.
No agencies please