Are you an expert in Artificial Intelligence? Are you interested in contributing to the development of human-centered smart applications for sensory science, smell, eating behavior and health?
We are looking for an excellent independent-working postdoc with a strong background in AI, data science, or behavioral modeling, and a clear interest in sensory science, clinical applications and health. You will join WUR and the HUMAN-AI Alliance program “HUMAN autonomy perspective of Artificial Intelligence” (UU, UMCU, TU/e) to work on sensory innovations and health applications based on artificial intelligence to enhance human autonomy.
The sense of smell is intricately linked to human health, and using human-centered AI, we can integrate sensory, behavioral and clinical aspects with digital technologies, to improve health and quality of life, and preserve autonomous functioning of the (impaired) individual. The current HUMAN-AI research project will be considerably strengthened by WUR’s unique and complementary expertise on nutrition, sensory science and health.
Your tasks as postdoctoral research will include: 1) setting up and conducting research within the framework of the HUMAN-AI project; 2) developing a funding strategy to develop a sustained collaboration program (under supervision). The central theme you will work on is sensory AI to improve human health, including research questions such as: Can AI predict and support the success of sensory interventions for patients? Can we digitize and analyze flavors using AI to predict consumer perception and interaction behavior? How can human-centered AI aid as warning system for chemosensory impaired users to facilitate their autonomy?
You will be positioned at the Sensory science and Eating behavior chairgroup of the Division of Human Nutrition and Health, and work with other groups within WUR, the Nutrition and healthcare alliance together with Ziekenhuis Gelderse Vallei (ZGV). For close collaboration you will interact on a weekly basis with the HUMAN-AI team, alliance program between Utrecht University, University Medical Center Utrecht, Eindhoven University of Technology and Wageningen University & Research.
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist with experience in the above-mentioned fields. Further, you have:
- A PhD degree in artificial intelligence, data science, computer science, or a related area;
- a strong background and experience in (human-centered) artificial intelligence, data science, behavioral modeling;
- a clear interest in sensory science and eating behavior, clinical applications and health;
- a structured way of working on your research, are decisive and goal-oriented;
- experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
- networking skills and know how to build new collaborations;
- a clear vision on research and project acquisition opportunities;
- proof of independence and research skills;
- excellent communication skills and team spirit.
We offer you a temporary position for a period of 1 year with extension to 3 years after successful evaluation. A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary from a minimum of € 3.746,- to a maximum of € 5.127,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 11). In addition, an appointment of 1 FTE. Preferred starting date: March 1 2021.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural end-of year bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours that we determine together in good consultation;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes, e.g. the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra for extra leave;
- a flexible model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace on the Wageningen Campus;
- make use of the sports facilities on campus for a small fee.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with our internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for personal initiative in a learning environment. With us you get a versatile job in an international environment with a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
For more information about this function you can contact Sanne Boesveldt, Associate professor, telephone number +31 317482111 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
For more information about the procedure you can contact Marjolijn Steffens, HR advisor, mail:
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission. This vacancy is open until 24th of January 2021.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.
The mission of our University is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialized research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 6,500 employees, and 12,000 students, it is one of the leading organizations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen. We have been named Best Employer in Education category 2019-2020.
Click here for more information about working at Wageningen University & Research.
More information about Wageningen Campus you can find here.