At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Materials and Production, a position as Postdoc in Laser forming is open for appointment from 1/4-2021 or soon thereafter. The position is available for a period of 2 years. Workplace is Aalborg. Department of Materials and Production (MP) has a wide-ranging research and educational environment at Aalborg University. The Department’s mission is to meet the future’s demands for new materials and production systems by directing the whole value chain from basic material understanding, materials’ applications in mechanical constructions, industrial production and management. The department has several strong, international and innovative research groups which comprise everything from basic science to strategic and applicable research. The activities encompass research as well as education within materials, mechanics, physics, production technique, and industrial management and innovation. <br />Benefitting the industry and additional collaborators several innovative and unconventional collaborations have been and are developed through interdisciplinary co-operations. <br />Thereby, as an employee at the Department you will become a part of an international research environment, where focus is on innovation, knowledge sharing/building and interdisciplinary collaborations.
Research areas of the post doc will be within process control of laser forming to manufacture complex shapes with high accuracy. This includes process modelling and controller design with physical experimental testing, verification and documentation. The developed control software has to be integrated with the software to control the laser manufacturing system at Alborg University.
Limited teaching within the area can be expected, but also in other study programmes at the University.
Who are you?
- You preferably have a PhD within laser processing and preferable laser forming
- Knowledge about process control of laser forming and metallurgical investigation and analysis
- Experience with experimental design and verification
- Good programming skills
- Publication record in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent level of both written and spoken English.
You may obtain further professional information from Associate professor, Morten Kristiansen, +45 9940 8938, email@example.com
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Lise Søndergaard Jacobsen by mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+45) 9940 9567. Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.