At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Section of the Built Environment at Aalborg University’s campus in Copenhagen, a position as postdoc is open for appointment from March 15. 2021 or soon hereafter, and until August 31. 2021. The Department of the Built Environment (BUILD) focuses on the technical and scientific disciplines within the built environment. Research areas span from Indoor Environment and Energy Efficient buildings, Wind Turbines, Structural Design, Structural Materials, Geotechnical Engineering, Wave Energy to Traffic along with many other areas. The research is conducted in a national as well as an international research environment. The department takes on contract research for both public institutions and private companies. The research projects involve both theoretical research and in situ measurements along with laboratory experiments. As an employee at the Department of the Built Environment, you become a part of an international research environment, where focus is on innovation, knowledge sharing and interdisciplinary collaborations.
The Section of Town, Housing and Property at Department of the Built Environment conducts research into housing, urban and regional transformation, energy consumption, architecture and universal design.
The post doc should be knowledgeable of topics related to the social science of energy transitions, and interested in a wide range of empirical and conceptual bodies of knowledge from the social sciences in various ways related to the built environment.
BUILD is looking for a post doc with strong skills in the philosophy of research, in the craft of research design, in research methodology and with a wide-ranging professional toolkit comprising qualitative, quantitative as well as mixed methods research approaches.
Furthermore, the successful candidate has:
- Basic research experience on planning, organizing and analyzing interviews
- Experience with reporting
- Experience from evaluations and international research programs
- The ability to work in a team as well as independently and be good at networking.
Limited teaching within the area can be expected, but also in other study programmes at the University.
You may obtain further professional information from Research Director Hans Thor Andersen by mail email@example.com or phone (+45) 9940 2271.
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact HR-Servicecenter EST by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here.
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Tue Jan 12 00:00:00 CET 2021