At the Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Architecture, Design and Media Technology, Aalborg University Copenhagen, a full-time position as Postdoc in Service Design is open for appointment for a period of 2 years from April 1 2021 or soon hereafter. The Department of Architecture, Design, and Media Technology’s goal is the development of an innovative cluster of engineering-based environments for education and research which integrate creativity, engineering and technology within the disciplines of architecture, urban design, industrial design, digital design and interactive media. The department is a leading research and educational environment in Denmark that addresses the challenge of the interplay between creativity and technology, and develops new areas in research and education directed towards the end-user.
The position is placed in the Service Design research group of the Medialogy Section at the Copenhagen campus and will entail participating in the CAPE research project which explores how libraries can act as a hub for citizen-based innovation of public e-services by hosting Civic Innovation Centers (CIC). Within the project, the AAU team will have a specific focus on the design practices to re-use open data into public innovation places. The research includes desktop research on best digitalization practices, mapping of data owners and existing data-based services in Scandinavia and worldwide and interviews on libraries current work and future opportunities.
The role involves working in conjunction with research partners and colleagues as project manager for the AAU team within the CAPE project, writing and submitting deliverables and publishing internationally recognized research.
More specifically the postdoc will have the following tasks :
- Identify general trends in participatory public service development.
- Research on emergent citizen interaction initiatives.
- Map data owners and existing data-based services in Scandinavia and worldwide.
- Model the Civic Innovation Center in terms of its configuration and sustainability.
- Coordinate the activities with the local pilot (Ballerup library)
- Coordinate the dissemination activities of the project
- Produce high-level scientific publications on these topics.
- Participate in the preparation of research applications.
Preferably the candidate has one or more of the following qualifications:
- PhD in the area of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design or other disciplines of relevance for the position.
- Evidenced experience of taking an intellectual lead in carrying out research projects, and publishing high quality research outputs in highly ranked academic journals.
- Evidenced experience of contributing to and reporting on projects, including working with project budgets.
- Demonstrable understanding of good practice in research conduct providing examples (including in research ethics, research integrity and handling research data).
- Demonstrable ability to be an effective and collaborative member of an interdisciplinary team (and to take an intellectual leadership role), working constructively with senior staff and supporting the work of less experienced staff or students involved in projects.
- Good communication skills in English and creativity in service design and co-design
- Documented experience of working with open data and data visualization
- Documented ability to independently conduct research of a sufficient standard
- Reflective presentation of their own pedagogical outlook and practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with actors in other parts of society with a connection to education and research
- Satisfactory level of proficiency in Danish
You may obtain further professional information from Associate Professor Amalia De Goetzen, tel. +45 9940 2621, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD–level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. Appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
The application must contain the following:
- A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
- Scientific qualifications. A complete list of publications must be attached with an indication of the works the applicant wishes to be considered. You may attach up to 5 publications.
- Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
- Additional qualifications in relation to the position. References/recommendations.
- Personal data.
The applications are only to be submitted online by using the “Apply online” button below. An assessment committee will assess all candidates.
AAU wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background or belief.
For further information concerning the application procedure please contact Sanne V. Hejlesen by mail email@example.com or phone (+45) 99403972.
Information regarding guidelines, ministerial circular in force and procedures can be seen here
Employment is in accordance with the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities (the Appointment Order) and the Ministry of Finance’s current Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities. Employment and salary are in accordance with the collective agreement for state-employed academics.
Sun Jan 31 00:00:00 CET 2021