The Swiss National Supercomputing Centre (CSCS) is operated by ETH Zurich and is located in Lugano, Switzerland. In addition we have offices on the ETH Hönggerberg Campus in Zürich. CSCS develops and provides key supercomputing capabilities for solving important problems in science and society. CSCS is offering different types of internships in the field of High Performance Computing for the development and optimization of scientific applications, in order to exploit the coming generations of supercomputing devices.
We offer internships in the following topics this year:
- Matrix free methods for GPU computing
- Efficient non-blocking persistent collective communication
- GT4Julia – GridTools for Julia
- Distributed visualization and checkpointing in Julia
- HPC Application and System Testing
- Consolidation of Application Performance Monitoring tools
Please check the CSCS website for details on the different topics.
- Be a master student in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or related fields (Ph.D. students will not be considered).
- The internship must be a mandatory part of the curriculum of your studies. If not, the internship can be performed during the summer break or the Urlaubsemester (ETH students only).
- Be a team player and feel comfortable working in an international environment in the heart of Lugano, Canton of Ticino or in Zurich in Switzerland.
- Have excellent command of written and spoken English (our official working language).
ETH Zurich is one of the world’s leading universities specialising in science and technology. We are renowned for our excellent education, cutting-edge fundamental research and direct transfer of new knowledge into society. Over 30,000 people from more than 120 countries find our university to be a place that promotes independent thinking and an environment that inspires excellence. Located in the heart of Europe, yet forging connections all over the world, we work together to develop solutions for the global challenges of today and tomorrow.Working, teaching and research at ETH ZurichGet connected
We look forward to receiving your complete online application, which we ask you to submit to Stephanie Frequente, Human Resources. Please specify in your application explicitly a maximum of 2 topics which fit your interests. As there is a high demand for the internships in certain periods and we can only offer 2 internships per quarter, kindly also state your availability. The closing date for applications is January 15, 2020. Applications will only be reviewed immediately after the closing date. Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.
For further information, please visit our website or contact Dr Vasileios Karakasis, Group Lead and responsible for the Internship Program at CSCS, by email email@example.com (no applications).