Commercial

Location: Kings Meadow Campus
Salary: £30,487 to £33,966 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date: Tuesday 25 June 2024
Reference: FAB200124

The University of Nottingham is part of the Russell Group of Universities and is one of the leading Institutions in the UK. The Commercial team sits across all aspects of the University and its remit is to drive commerciality to provide improved positive outcomes for its students and staff.

We are looking for candidates who are have graduated in the last 5 years (including upcoming graduates for 2024) and are looking for a role working within a dynamic Commercial Team. Individuals should be passionate about wanting to work within a commercial environment and how that can support the HE sector. 

The team has a wide span of responsibility and therefore the opportunities to the successful candidate will cover a number of different areas under the commercial portfolio. 

The candidate will be able to rotate across a variety of projects whilst being mentored and supported to build their knowledge and experience. The role will be a key member of a small and focussed team, ensuring the University meets its strategic goal of financial sustainability and increases the value it offers to its students, staff, and its wider stakeholders.  Working alongside the various members of the commercial team the CGT will benefit from guided training and experience across the various strands of commercial and how the team interfaces with wider operations and functions across the university.  

Key Responsibilities:

• Lead Student Voice Commercial Engagement Strategy – Ensuring views of the student voice are represented across relevant opportunities
  • Commercial Opportunity Support – working closely with members of the team and other colleagues within the University to work within some priority projects
  • Engagement, Relationship Management & Problem Resolution – manage and build stakeholder relationships, including troubleshooting and problem solving where required. 

What we can offer you in return:

A friendly and diverse working environment.

Hybrid working arrangements.

As a university, we are committed to providing generous employment packages whilst supporting the wellbeing of our staff to help you reach your full potential.

As a university employee, you will have an excellent choice of benefits and rewards, including access to fitness and health facilities, staff discounts and travel schemes, along with 30 days holiday allowance (plus additional university closure days) and a highly attractive pension scheme.

We take pride in our award-winning campuses and excellent facilities, providing an optimal working environment for our valued staff.

The post is offered on a permanent, full time (36.25 hours per week) contract as a Career Training Grade APM4T. 

Informal enquiries may be addressed to Caroline Housden, tel: 07449846677 or email Caroline.Housden@nottingham.ac.uk. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.

Apply Online