This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only. UNSW has obtained an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) to designate and recruit professional and academic positions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons only, to fulfil UNSW’s goal of a representative workforce rate.
UNSW Art & Design is an internationally recognised centre for arts-led transdisciplinary research in science and technology. Our strengths span design, fine art, media and interactive art, creative robotics, visualisation and simulation.
Our faculty and students are drawn from more than 50 countries globally and together we are Australia’s largest community of art and design practitioners, researchers, educators and students.
UNSW’s Education Focussed roles (EF) enable academics to specialise in education and devote their time to delivering high-quality teaching and pursuing initiatives to enhance the educational experience of our students. Those who are appointed to this prestigious specialism will be expected to successfully drive educational excellence within the university’s teaching and learning communities.
- Salary: $76,570 – $102,091 + 17% superannuation & Annual Leave loading (Pro-rata)
- Part time-3 year fixed term: 2-3 days per week (negotiable)
- Location: Paddington Campus – Sydney, Australia
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop a well-defined teaching philosophy that inspires student learning. Develop and conduct tutorials/lectures and supervision of students in both undergraduate and postgraduate classes in line with this philosophy.
- Prepare lectures, seminars and/or tutorials using a range of approaches, as required, including face-to face, blended and online.
- Initiate and lead, with support from fellow academics, the development of innovative approaches to teaching and learning of Indigenous content. This may include blended and/or online teaching as well as curriculum development.
- Support the progress of students; provide consultation to students; mark assignments, mid-term and final examinations, as allocated by the School.
- Manage course administration, course co-ordination, provision of course-related advice to students, and conduct assessment of procedures and examinations.
- Provide mentoring for early career academics and/or casual staff in teaching practice and inspire a collegial and collaborative educational culture.
- Maintain professional development in pedagogy, disciplinary knowledge and minimum accreditation requirements.
- Make a positive contribution to School meetings and seminars and be a member of School/Faculty committees.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the position description.
Within your application, you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description. If you are unable to view the position description please go direct to UNSW website https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
- Pre-employment checks required for this position.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50pm, Friday, 8th May 2020 (AEDT)
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
Advertised: 10 Mar 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 08 May 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time