We acknowledge, respect and celebrate First Nations people and their creative practices. UNSW is committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples through the UNSW Indigenous Strategy 2018, which is comprised of three pillars: Culture and Country; Give Back; and Grow Our Own. Through this role are seeking to increase our Indigenous staff, and to expand our outreach to and engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander creative practitioners and potential students, across all of the fields in which we teach and research – design, fine art and media art.
This position is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only. UNSW has obtained an exemption under section 126 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) to designate and recruit professional and academic positions for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons only, to fulfil UNSW’s goal of a representative workforce rate.
UNSW Art & Design is an internationally recognised centre for arts-led transdisciplinary research in science and technology. Our strengths span design, fine art, media and interactive art, creative robotics, visualisation and simulation.
Our faculty and students are drawn from more than 50 countries globally and together we are Australia’s largest community of art and design practitioners, researchers, educators and students.
The Associate Lecturer will contribute to advance the Faculty’s profile by scholarly research, creative practice and/or publishing and by teaching and developing a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at UNSW Art and Design.
- Salary: $76,570 – $102,091 + 17% superannuation & Annual Leave Loading ( Pro-rata)
- Part time-3 year fixed term: 2-3 days per week (negotiable)
- Location: Paddington Campus – Sydney, Australia
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Pursue and develop an active research program (i.e. publications in related discipline journals, research grant applications, research student supervision, presentation to conferences and publications in conference proceedings).
- Develop a well-defined teaching philosophy that inspires student learning. Conduct tutorials/lectures and supervision of students in both undergraduate and postgraduate classes in line with this philosophy.
- Prepare and deliver lectures, seminars and/or tutorials using a range of approaches, as required: face-to face, blended and online.
- Initiate and lead, with support from senior academics, the development of innovative approaches to teaching and learning. This may include blended and/or online teaching as well as curriculum development.
- Support the progress of students; provide consultation to students; mark assignments, mid-term and final examinations, as allocated by the School.
- Manage course administration, course co-ordination, provision of course related advice to students, and conduct assessment of procedures and examinations.
- Provide mentoring for early career academics and/or casual staff in teaching practice and inspire a collegial and collaborative educational culture
- Maintain professional development in pedagogy, disciplinary knowledge and minimum accreditation requirements.
- Make a positive contribution to School meetings and seminars and be a member of School/Faculty committees.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the position description.
Within your application, you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description. If you are unable to view the position description please go direct to UNSW website https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
- Pre-employment checks required for this position.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50pm, Friday 8th May 2020 (AEDT)
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.unsw.edu.au
Advertised: 10 Mar 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 08 May 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time