POSTDOC - Bioinformatician, with strong expertise in bioinformatics to analyze transcriptomics data and answer important biological questions.
The Director of the Central European Institute of Technology – Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) invites applications for the position of
POSTDOC – Bioinformatician
The Central European Institute of Technology – Masaryk University (CEITEC MU) is an independent university institute that was established at Masaryk University as part of a scientific centre of excellence, CEITEC – Central European Institute of Technology. CEITEC MU represents a key part of the state-of-the-art research infrastructure that is equipped with cutting-edge facilities and excellent conditions for fundamental, as well as applied research, especially in the area of life sciences. Our institute’s modern building can be found at the University Campus in Brno-Bohunice.
CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award, which is given by the European Commission.
For more information, please go to our website: CEITEC MU.
Molecular biology lab studying the regulation of gene expression by transcriptional cyclin-dependent kinases (mainly CDK11 and CDK12) and their roles in cancer onset (Dalibor Blazek lab, CEITEC, Brno, Czech Republic) is seeking a person with strong expertise in bioinformatics to analyze transcriptomics data and answer important biological questions. The candidate will be in close contact with Bioinformatics research group of Panagiotis Alexiou at CEITEC.
Prospective candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- external person, which means that for at least 2 years before you did not work at CEITEC MU or as PhD student in a group at CEITEC MU
- PhD in Bioinformatics, computational biology, molecular biology or adjacent fields within the last 8 years (maternity/parental leave is excluded from this period)
- funcional knowledge of statistics
- theoretical knowledge of bioinformatics and bioanalysis
- Experience in NGS data analysis
- Readiness and eligibility to apply for Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Individual Followship (H2021) (deadline September, 2021 or in 2022 call); eligibility = must perform research outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years
- Familiarity with scripting language (Python)
- Expertise with other programming languages, and software development principles appreciated
- motivated and have a collaborative mindset
- Good publication record
- strong English language skills – both spoken and written
- Rigorous and well organized
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated to achieve the scientific goal
Desirable, but not required:
- Knowledge of molecular biology, transcriptomics techniques and experience with analysis of proteomics data is a plus
What do we offer?
- an interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute
- full time job at a recognised and successful institution with a supportive and international working environment
- an environment that promotes the interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research
- in-house core facilities
- Appropriate hardware infrastructure for the project
- support from administrative departments (including Grant Office services)
- support with the relocation process (Welcome Office Service)
- plenty of benefits, such as 6 weeks of paid holiday, contribution to a pension scheme, lunch vouchers, Menza MU university canteen meals, reduced prices for Scala cinema tickets, gym lessons organised at the Faculty of Sports MU that is located near CEITEC, reduced prices for mobile operator tariffs, special employee bank products, etc.
Anticipated start date: 2021 (negotiable)
Please send application (including CV and the contact information of at least two references) by email to Dr. Dalibor Blazek (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Panagiotis Alexiou (email@example.com)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org