DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
At its Zeuthen location, DESY has a strong focus on astroparticle physics (https://astro.desy.de). In particular, we host one the largest groups in lceCube and have a leading role in the Radio Neutrino Observatory in Greenland, currently in the deployment process.
- Development and maintenance of simulations for the radio emission of neutrinos
- Active role in the deployment and data analysis from the Radio Neutrino Observatory in Greenland, as pathfinder for lceCube-Gen2
- Working with other doctoral researchers and students in the field of radio detection of neutrinos
- PhD in astronomy, astroparticle physics, high-energy physics or equivalent qualification
- Experience in working with large scale experiments and their software
- Excellent skills in object-oriented programming and scripting languages (e.g. Python, C++)
For further information please contact Anna Nelles +49 33762 7-7389, email@example.com
The position is limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online Application