You will conduct research in the area of thin film chalcogenide (including chalcopyrite and kesterite) within a team at UNSW, pioneering in developing the technology and products to meet market requirements. Thin film chalcogenide solar cells on rigid substrate have seen wide application in Building Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV). Flexible products using thin film chalcogenide absorber has vast application on curved surfaces or under low-light conditions. This role involves in the development of chalcogenide technology on both rigid and flexible substrates. Rich experience in both R&D and commercialisation in this field is highly demanded.
The role of Postdoctoral Fellow reports to Associate Professor Xiaojing Hao and has nil direct reports
- Salary, $95,449 – $102,091 + superannuation
- Full time
- Fixed-term contract – until Feb 2022
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Photovoltaic and Renewable Energy Engineering (SPREE).
- PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Physics, Chemistry, Electronic Engineering, Materials Engineering or equivalent field.
- Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision.
- Track record of publications and conference presentations relative to opportunity.
- Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Research experience in thin film chalcogenide technologies, with a strong focus on the fabrication/characterisation of solar devices.
- Proven knowledge on the use of processing equipment (sputtering, evaporator, furnaces) and characterisation tools.
- Experience in the development of chalcogenide solar cells (including chalcopyrite and kesterite based devices) on rigid steel substrate and flexible steel or plastic substrates is highly regarded.
- Experience in developing prototypes of PV products in BIPV and IoT, industrial R&D, production environment, numerical methods, statistical analysis and commercialisation is preferred.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the link below.
Position Description – Postdoctoral Fellow – Level A – SPREE.pdf
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
T: +61 2 8263 8060
Applications close: 11:50pm, Monday 4th May 2020
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: 20 Apr 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 04 May 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time