The Research Associate will be involved in research in the area of channel coding such as code design and performance analysis for modern channel codes, and low complexity decoding algorithm.
You will predominantly work on the innovative research project in Wireless Communications Laboratory, which is funded by an ARC Linkage Project Grant on channel coding for wireless communications. The purpose of the role is to undertake research designing and developing efficient pragmatic transceiver designs, modern error control coding, and low complexity decoding algorithms to fulfil the demand for future ultra-reliable low latency communication systems and its applications for future industry IoT services. The role of Research Associate reports to Professor Jinhong Yuan, and has no direct reports.
- Salary, $95,449 – $102,091 + superannuation
- Full time (35 hours per week)
- Fixed-term contract – 2 years
- Location: Kensington – Sydney, Australia
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. This position is within the School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications
- A PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, with Telecommunications, Channel Coding and Signal Processing background, or related area;
- Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision;
- Track record of high-quality publications and conferences presentations in the related area relative to opportunity;
- Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships;
- Experience with software packages such as Matlab, C++;
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students;
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for these positions can be found in the position description via the link, Position Description – Research Associate.pdf or via the advert on https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
Applications close: 11:50pm, Thursday 14th May 2020
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Advertised: 16 Apr 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 14 May 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time