The School of Psychiatry is widely reputed as the pre-eminent psychiatric research department in the country, and one of the leading university groups internationally. It is located at the UNSW teaching hospitals at various metropolitan sites in the Sydney region and in rural New South Wales.
About the role
- $107K-$126K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading pro rata
- Fixed Term for 12 months from date of appointment.
- Position is available Part-time 0.8 FTE (28 hrs per week)
The Research Fellow will take the leadership role in the EU Joint Program for Neurodegenerative Disorders (JPND) project funded through the NHMRC. The project, called “Co-designing dementia diagnosis and post-diagnostic care” (COGNISANCE) involves Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Poland and UK; some travel may be involved. As the co-ordinator of COGNISANCE, this role will the central point of contact for the study internationally and in Sydney, by liaising with investigators and researchers in each of the other sites. The Research Fellow will actively participate in the Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA) and will ensure adherence to the administering institution’s ethics requirements and provide support and guidance on the administration of compliance and other related aspects of the research study.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD Degree in Psychology or a related discipline with an understanding and knowledge of dementia. Previous research and clinical experience in dementia or a related field is highly regarded.
- Proven capacity to collaboratively develop and deliver quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project governance requirements
- Demonstrated high level project management experience, including ability to meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
Applicants should systematically address the selection criteria found in the position description in their application.
Ms Angie Russell, Centre Manager, CHeBA
Applications close: 11th May 2020
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Advertised: 28 Apr 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 11 May 2020 AUS Eastern Standard Time