KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health (CBH) is one of the five schools of KTH and a strong constellation for research and education in the broader areas of health, environment, energy and materials. The School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health conducts research and education in areas that cover several global challenges. Among them are the need of sustainable energy, health and aging population, climate change, sustainable production and working life, food production and clean water.
Science for Life Laboratory SciLifeLab, is a national center for large-scale life science research with an advanced technological infrastructure. For more information see the homepage: http://www.scilifelab.se/ .
You will be working as research engineer in the development team at NGI, one of the largest European sequencing facilities, at SciLifeLab in Solna. Within the development team, we focus on implementing new methods and techniques into NGIs operations with the aim of giving Swedish researchers access to the latest methods within large-scale DNA and RNA sequencing. Your role will be varied and you will be involved in multiple different tasks, including:
- Preparing and performing quality control of samples for large-scale sequencing
- Developing/evaluating lab protocols for new techniques and applications
- Working in collaborative projects with users
- Working with laboratory automation systems
- Checking and maintaining instruments and methods according to assigned responsibilities
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future.
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Work in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- Degree in molecular biology or equivalent competence.
- Familiarity with working in a laboratory Environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- We prefer if you have experience of large-scale sequencing, especially Illumina, but also other techniques for DNA and RNA analysis.
- It is commendable if you have prior experience from service-oriented laboratory operations or with information systems for laboratories and quality assurance.
In order to succeed in this role, it is important that you are an independent problem solver, with a structured and quality conscious way of working. You also have good communication skills in both written and spoken language. You have excellent collaboration skill.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH.se
Log into KTH’s recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the instructions in the ad. The application must include CV (including relevant professional experience and knowledge) and a cover letter (max two pages).
Your complete application must be received by KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
Temporary employment for up 1 year or by agreement.
The employment is valid indefinitely or is limited by agreement.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment
|Temporary position longer than 6 months
|First day of employment
|According to agreement
|Number of positions
|Fanny Taborsak-Lines , firstname.lastname@example.orgEllen Sherwood, email@example.com
|Last application date
|15.Dec.2020 11:59 PM CET