The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Critical Care (Education Focused) is responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of the medicine education program for medical students. This includes delivering educational activities that provide students with a rich educational experience relevant to rural health and the values of the University Centre for Rural Health (UCRH).
Clinical educators are an essential part of the education-focused workforce at the University of Sydney. Education- focused is a specialist category of academic engagement reserved for talented educators with a passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, pedagogical practice and design. Clinical educators are a subset of specialist educators with demonstrated excellence and experience in clinical practice in a health profession, and in clinical education in a health setting.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Critical Care (Education Focused) who has:
- a MD/MBBS with at least 4 years post primary health qualification (intern/basic/physician/gp/surgical training
- full membership of specialty college eg FACEM and full accreditation as specialist with specialist college
- significant experience working in a clinical setting and proven ability to apply expertise and knowledge to inform pedagogical practice (usually more than 3 years post accredited primary healthcare qualification)
- registered with AHPRA or equivalent professional bodies
- experience in teaching and learning in a tertiary environment, as evidenced by student coaching and skills development
- demonstrated success in designing implementing and evaluating teaching and learning initiatives with a clinical focus
- a network of relationships with key academic, clinical and professional institutions, partners and stakeholders
- experience in supervising or mentoring others and/or coordinating team activities
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate students in the provision of outstanding patient care.
In addition to the above, to be considered for the Senior Lecturer (Medical Program- Critical Care) Level C you will also have:
- been acknowledged as playing a major role in the profession, for example by having a well-regarded leadership role in a clinical area of specialty and/or a notable network of connections and strategic alliances
- be registered with AHPRA or equivalent professional bodies
- been acknowledged as influential in applying clinical expertise to innovate pedagogy and education
- demonstrated excellence in clinical or scholarly activities relevant to educational design and practice
- deep and broad experience in effective clinical teaching and learning, as evidenced by high-quality student outcomes
- demonstrated applied understanding of contemporary clinical best-practice
- demonstrated success in supporting the academic endeavor from curriculum design to engaging in research/scholarship and providing a student enabling environment
- significant experience in supervising others and coordinating successful team activities.
About us The Rural Clinical School – Northern Rivers/ University Centre for Rural Health (UCRH) education program encompasses a range of allied health disciplines, nursing, dentistry, pharmacy and medicine. We provide students with clinical placement opportunities and structured learning programs in a multi-disciplinary environment, and with a focus on rural health and social equity. The education program is delivered on behalf of the Commonwealth’s Rural Health Multi-Disciplinary Training program.https://sydney.edu.au/medicine-health/about.htmlhttp://ucrh.edu.au/about/ Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australias first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 8,100 academic and non-academic staff who support over 73,000 students. We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us. Please also note that the University closedown period will be from 23rd December 2022 – 6 January 2021 inclusive. During this time, the Recruitment Operations team will not be available to respond to any enquiries. We will endeavour to respond to your query upon our return in a timely manner.
How to apply For further information about the position or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application please contact Wendy Pokato Recruitment Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org Please refer to the position description for further details.Job Reference No. 1528/1220F Other:This position is designated as child-related work. To undertake or remain in this position, you are required to apply for and obtain a Working With Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012. Routine pre-employment probity checks will be carried out for this position Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this positionClosing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 13 January 2021 The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
How to apply:
- Start your application by clicking the “begin” button.
- Login to an existing account or reset your password
- Preview Application Form
By registering with the University of Sydney careers site, I agree to the University of Sydney collecting, using and disclosing my personal information, in accordance with this collection statement. Show Collection Statement