Are you interested in dairy process technology and how it impacts the physicochemical characteristics of dairy products? Do you, next to research, also have a passion for education? The Dairy Science and Technology team of the Food Quality and Design group is looking for a Postdoctoral researcher.
The current research in the Dairy Science and Technology team is mainly focused on the physical-chemistry and biochemistry of milk components, and the nutritional quality of dairy products made. Part of this ongoing research involves studying the fate of milk components during processing but with an emphasis on the components involved. This includes, for example, studying the casein micelles during the cheese making process, or the chemical modifications of milk proteins occurring during heating. In the coming years, we want to expand our expertise in the area of dairy process technology, to better characterize the processes that link the molecular composition of milk to the quality of dairy products. Are you up for this challenge?
Your main tasks will be:
- Design a dairy process research line within which BSc and MSc students can perform their thesis research;
- support ongoing research by PhD students in the field of dairy technology (experimental setup, etc.);
- be a liaison with other departments at Wageningen University in the area of food processing equipment;
- participate in designing and setting up of new thesis projects for students, and supervise thesis students;
- assist in the dairy science & technology-related courses (e.g. setup and support of lab practicals).
We are looking for a post-doctoral research with the following key qualifications:
- A PhD degree or equivalent in the field of food science and technology, or a related field;
- knowledge of, and affinity with, the dairy science and technology in general;
- knowledge about, and preferentially practical experience with, dairy processing technology;
- experience in educational activities (e.g. student supervision in courses and/or thesis projects);
- research experience in a laboratory setting (e.g. performing physical and/or chemical analyses);
- affinity with working in a multidisciplinary group in an international context;
- excellent command of written and spoken English (a certificate of Proficiency in English must be provided).
A challenging position with, depending on your experience, a competitive salary with a minimum of € 3.217,- and a maximum of € 4.402,- for a full working week of 38 hours in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement Wageningen University (scale 10). We offer you a temporary position for a period of 1 years with extension of 1 year after a successful evaluation.
In addition, we offer:
- 8% holiday allowance;
- a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent training opportunities and secondary employment conditions;
- flexible working hours and holidays can possibly be determined in consultation so that an optimal balance between work and private life is possible;
- excellent pension plan through ABP;
- 232 vacation hours, the option to purchase extra and good supplementary leave schemes;
- a flexible working time: the possibility to work a maximum of 2 hours per week extra and thereby to build up extra leave;
- a choice model to put together part of your employment conditions yourself, such as a bicycle plan;
- a lively workplace where you can easily make contacts and where many activities take place on the Wageningen Campus. A place where education, research and business are represented;
- use the sports facilities on campus.
Wageningen University & Research stimulates internal career opportunities and mobility with an internal recruitment policy. There are ample opportunities for own initiative in a learning environment.
We offer a versatile job in an international environment with varied activities in a pleasant and open working atmosphere.
For more information, please contact Kasper Hettinga, Associate Professor, e-mail: email@example.com.
General information about Food Quality and Design group can be found on:
Do you want to apply?
This can be done directly via the application button at the vacancy on our website so that we can process your personal data with your permission. This vacancy is open until 14 January 2021.
Equal opportunities employer
We are an employer that offers equal opportunities. We are happy to receive applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of race, gender, functional impairment, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive working environment makes us a more relevant, competitive and resilient organization. Click here for more information about working at WUR with a functional impairment.
The mission of our University is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. Within Wageningen University & Research, nine specialised research institutes from the Wageningen Research Foundation and Wageningen University have joined forces to help answer the most important questions in the domain of healthy food and living environment.
With approximately 30 locations, 6,500 employees, and 12,000 students, it is one of the leading organisations in its domain worldwide. An integrated approach to problems and the cooperation between various disciplines are at the heart of the unique approach of Wageningen. We have been named Best Employer in Education category 2019-2020.
Click here for more information about working at Wageningen University & Research.
More information about Wageningen Campus you can find here.