We are looking for excellent enthusiastic scholars to join our High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences. The growing HBE department holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology, and the social sciences. We conduct cross-disciplinary business research growing organizations in entrepreneurship and innovations.
We are looking for talents with a background in the following areas:
- Data sciences and AI, Operations research and logistics;
- Digital transformation and marketing;
- Leadership and entrepreneurship;
- Health and purchasing;
- Cybersecurity and Legal tech;
- Human resource management and innovation, or related fields.
We perform ground-breaking research combining various themes such as smart-industry, supply chain management, transportation and logistics management, innovation management, technology-based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, finance, HRM, and leadership. We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom! Are you looking for forward-thinking team-based environment to expand the borders of your core subject area and develop cross-disciplinary expertise? Join our team and strive to have a significant impact on science and society.
You contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation. You will
- Carry out high-tech business research, with a genuine interest in operating at crossroads of different subject areas;
- Improve your core expertise and further develop an interdisciplinary research line;
- Contribute to research and teaching ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding);
- (co-)teach and coordinate courses in our Bachelor and Master programs of (International) Business Administration, Industrial Engineering & Management, Business & IT and Health Sciences;
- Guide students from these programs in their graduation assignment;
- Develop expertise in novel data driven research methods and work jointly with our BMS lab providing technologies for social science research and managing and processing large industrial and behavioural datasets;
- Contribute to the supervision of PhD students.
- show vision and ambitious drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- hold a PhD degree in a relevant background and have experience in research, which is apparent from publications in reputable academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- conduct (fundamental and applied) research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- are active in networks for acquiring research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- have teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at an internationally accredited university;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
We realise that the defined candidate profile is broad, and that it is not realistic that you have affinity with all of the domains. We therefore explicitly invite you to apply if you believe you fit even part of the profile.
We offer a 4-year position that, when positively evaluated, will lead to a permanent position (0,8 – 1,0 FTE). The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.746 to € 6.940 gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile Assistant or Associate Professor. In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.).
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
For more information on this position you can contact prof. dr. J. van Hillegersberg, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter and full resume with references, before January 15th, 2021. Interviews will be held on the 4th,5th, 18th and 19th of February. We kindly ask you to clearly mention in you cover letter which research area you are applying for.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) aims to play a pivotal role in understanding, co-engineering and evaluating innovation in society. Innovation is driven by advances in technology. By means of ‘social engineering’, we are here to integrate these advances in society. As a people-first tech university, we align these advances with the needs and behaviour of humans. We ensure proper public and private management as well as robust, inclusive and fair organisational structures. The faculty of BMS does this by developing, transferring and applying high-quality knowledge of Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communication Science, Philosophy, Educational Science, and Health Sciences. Our research and education in these disciplines is challenge-based. The BMS research programmes are directly linked to our research institutes: Mesa+ Institute for Nanotechnology, the TechMed Centre and the Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the BMS Faculty offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Faculty, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customizable conditions.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology’ we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT’s departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.FIVE ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSORS IN HIGH-TECH BUSINESS RESEARCH