The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of anaesthesiology with special focus on nursing in pain and palliative medicine to commence as soon as possible. The externally funded professorship is combined with a position as senior researcher at Rigshospitalet, Department of Neuroanaesthesiology in the Capital Region.
It is a requirement for appointment that the applicant is accepted for both the professorship and the position as senior researcher. In order to be considered the applicant must send two applications: one to the faculty (the professorship) and one to the hospital (the position as senior researcher) cf. the simultaneously advertised position as senior researcher. This also applies to applicants who are already employed as senior researchers at the hospital. The advertisement for the position as senior researcher is available from https://www.sundhedsjobs.dk/jobopslag/401850.
Both the professorship and the position as senior researcher will be financed by Rigshospitalet.
Information on the department can be found at: http://ikm.ku.dk.
In the consideration of applications for the professorship, the main emphasis will be on the applicant’s ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of anaesthesiology.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Obligation to share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
Six overall criteria apply for professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criterion here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, each applicant must be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
For the professorship the appointee will receive a pensionable annual salary of DKK 190,528.86 (1 April 2020 level).
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: http://www.ism.ku.dk (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivations for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including information about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s and PhD and other relevant certificates)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Short resume (https://ikm.ku.dk/ansat/ansaettelser/laes_ogsaa_om/dokumenter/Short_Resume.pdf)
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio / Template for inspiration: https://cms.ku.dk/sund-sites/sund-institutter/ikm-sites/ikm-dk/ansat/ansaettelser/laes_ogsaa_om/dokumenter/template-teaching-portfolio.docx)
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Teaching plan
- A complete list of publications
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Thursday, 14 January 2021.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held on Thursday, 24 June 2021.