KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Mathematics with specialization in Numerical Analysis
The subject of the position includes development, analysis and computer implementation of computational methods, with emphasis on modeling and simulation of systems within engineering and science.
Teaching and research in Numerical Analysis. The teaching applies to all levels, namely basic courses, advanced courses and doctoral courses in numerical analysis as well as supervision of degree projects and doctoral students. Some administrational duties may also be included. The associate professor is expected to be able to teach in Swedish within three years. If needed, a language support plan will be devised at the time of employment.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve, and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- research expertise in the subject field, demonstrated by publications in international journals of high quality.
- pedagogical skills and experience from teaching in the subject field or other branches of mathematics at university level.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- ability to apply for, and receive, funding for research projects as well as leading research projects.
- ability to work independently, and in collaboration with others.
It is also important that the applicant has
- relevant experience of work outside of academia and/or ability to collaborate with society at large and to inform about research and development work.
- administrative expertise.
- demonstrated expertise in the development and leadership of activities and staff. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH’s web page.
Your application should follow KTH’s CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH recruitment system in order to apply to this position.
For more information regarding KTH’s assessment, see Appointments procedure at KTH
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||2|
|Contact||Anna-Karin Tornberg, +46 8 790 62 66|
|Last application date||01.Feb.2021 11:59 PM CET|