We offer a challenging position in a stimulating, enthusiastic, diverse, and international academic environment. You will have a high degree of independence and responsibility, while collaboration, both internally and externally, is strongly encouraged. Power Electronics & EMC (PE) is a young research group at the University of Twente, established by combining power electronics expertise that the late Prof. Braham Ferreira brought along with the existing leading-edge EMC activities.
- Your research will focus on power electronics components, converters and systems.
- The position calls for a senior researcher with affinity to lead the broad activities and expertise in the group — from basic technology to integration of power electronics in systems
- You will play a central role in teaching power electronics to students of all levels.
- You will lead the PE group within our university, consisting of 6.1 FTE scientific staff members and currently close to 30 PhD students.
- The Dutch government has invested significant funds to boost science & engineering research and education in The Netherlands (Sector Plan). The Electrical Engineering department of the University of Twente has chosen Power Electronics as a focus point for allocating these funds.
- The PE group’s research is embedded in the recently established Centre for Energy Innovation at the University of Twente, within the research programs Advanced Battery Technology and Digitalization of Energy Systems.
- You have a PhD and a research background in power electronics.
- You have a strong publication record
- You have a vision on future developments
- You have a high standing in the field and a track record of leading scientific research
- You have a strong and current academic and industrial network
- You have a passion to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels.
- You have a basic qualification in teaching for Dutch universities (‘UTQ’), or willingness to obtain this in due time.
- You have strong collaborative capabilities, management, administration, and communication skills.
- We need your enthusiasm to develop the research agenda of the PE group,
- We need you to initiate, extend and maintain collaboration at departmental, national and international levels
- We need an inspiring and excellent leader who can flourish in a multidisciplinary research field.
- Are you up for the challenge to lead the research as well as teaching on this state of the art technology?
- We offer you a tenured position as Professor with a competitive salary (maximum €10.309,- euro gross per month). Possibilities for a starting package are open for discussion. The position is full time, however, for excellent candidates a flexible appointment is negotiable.
- There are excellent terms of employment such as:
- remuneration of 8,3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance;
- a solid pension scheme;
- possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- professional and personal development programs
- family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Are you interested in this position? Send your application via the ‘Apply now’ button below and include:
- A curriculum vitae (including, list of publications, research and teaching statement and three names of potential references).
- A cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
This vacancy remains open until a suitable candidate is found.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Because of our diversity values we particularly support women to apply.