Specialization trainer / coach
We are preferably looking for a water polo trainer/coach who is also employable as a swimming trainer. Should you have expertise in only one area we still encourage you to apply.
It is expected that you can offer water polo training in a varied way and at different levels. For Men’s 1 you will also be the coach throughout the competition season.
The swim coach is expected to be able to take the performance of advanced swimmers to a higher level. As head coach you are also the mentor of our student trainers. You will guide these often inexperienced trainers and provide them with advice. Furthermore, we expect the trainer to be able to communicate well in both Dutch and English. Due to the high number of international students at the club, speaking English is an important aspect within the club.
Feeling with student sports
Because we are a student association, fun and sociability are very important to us. Performing is important, but aspects of student life such as study pressure, exams and internships can have an impact on the performance and presence of swimmers and teams. We expect you to be able to cope with this, to give students freedoms, but also to motivate them to come to training and perform!
Flexibility & Ambition
We are looking for a trainer who can work several days a week and is flexible regarding working hours. In addition, you must radiate enthusiasm and ambition, have a clear story / vision and be able to transfer this to students.
- Waterpolo: experience in the 3rd league and possession of a trainers diploma or willingness to obtain one;
- Swimming: at least in possession of a trainer’s diploma competitive swimming level 2 or competitive swimming level A or willing to obtain one;
- A trainer who can offer challenging training to both beginners and higher level swimmers;
- Has an affinity with student sports;
- Coach experience is a plus, not a must;
- Proficient in English and Dutch.
- A job at a nice student sport association;
- Part-time position of 11*/38 for a definite period of time (*depending on which tasks the coach will take on);
- Salary in accordance with scale 8/9 of the collective agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities, depending on education and experience;
- Attractive secondary employment conditions.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
You can express your interest in this position up to and including 27 June 2022 by submitting your letter of application accompanied by an up-to-date CV via the button ‘apply now‘.
Screening can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about this vacancy you can contact Vincent Steggink, Sports Coordinator Sportcentrum UT, mobile: +31 6 20447411. At the bottom of this vacancy you can find his other contact information and the application steps.
For questions about the association please contact Ties van het Erve, chairman of Z.P.V. Piranha, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , mobile: +31 6 37563828.
Imes of training and additional information can be found at: www.zpv-piranha.nl.