Campus Security and Information Technologies is currently seeking a Full-time Regular Technical Analyst, Campus Security.
Reporting to the Manager, Technical Services: Deskside and Director, Campus Security this position provides a senior technical role in leading the administration, maintenance and planning for services that support Campus Security including CCTV, access control systems, emergency communication related technologies.
These technologies and services are critical to the ongoing operation of the University of Calgary’s campuses and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The nature of the job requires the incumbent to work quickly and efficiently in high stress situations where errors can result in a high community impact. The job may require some work to be performed outside normal business hours.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide expert knowledge and experience in administering the CCTV, Access Control Systems and other technologies utilized by Campus Security. This position provides in-depth knowledge and experience in managing ongoing technical operational needs within Campus Security, acting as the primary technical liaison between Campus Security and Information Technologies as well as coordination with external vendors, project teams and stakeholders in other units across the University.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Perform administration of access control systems (ACS) as well as analytics review
- Perform administration of closed circuit television (CCTV) as well as analytics review
- Monitoring of CCTV, ACS and other supported systems for outages
- Responsible for managing and maintenance of Emergency Operations Centre computer systems
- Coordinate with vendors where needed including operational support and project meetings
- Coordinate with other groups within Information Technologies on ongoing operational needs as well as projects
- Act as senior technical resource for campus security staff including supporting deskside computing needs
- Act as a senior technical resource for larger project teams including IT and external vendors
- Keep abreast of best practices
- Ensure that Service Definitions are properly written and maintained.
- Ensure that quick and efficient response can be provided for service failures at any time of day, night, or weekend.
- Collect statistics and report on key performance indicators.
- Manage requisitions for equipment and services, including communication with vendors
- Communicating with departments, vendors and other stakeholders for ongoing work being conducted
- Coordinate with Facilities on scheduling for work and ensuring vendors have access to spaces
- Ensure disaster recovery procedures are available and tested regularly.
- Manage evergreen plans for technology and equipment
- Eliminate any single points of dependency on hardware, software or people.
- Ensure software is as secure and reliable as it can be.
- Work with business owners to understand roadmap and continuous service improvement for operation of CCTV, ACS and other services
- Act as a technical resource for projects
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a similar field or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Professional training and/or certification in Windows, Office 365, Azure AD
- Experience with CCTV and Access Control Systems.
- Foundation certification of ITIL v4 is an asset
- 5 or more years of experience with managing:
- Window desktop operating systems
- Windows Server operating systems
- Microsoft Teams
- SharePoint Online
- Office 365 Apps for Enterprise
- IP Cameras
- Network management including network access control, vlans and standard troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Knowledge of the structure and organization of the University is considered an asset.
Application Deadline: July 26, 2022
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is classified in the Professional Career Band, Level 3 of the Management and Professional Staff Career Framework.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website.
The University strongly recommends all faculty and staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High, committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
As an equitable and inclusive employer, the University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. In particular, we encourage members of the designated groups (women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, members of visible/racialized minorities, and diverse sexual orientation and gender identities) to apply. To ensure a fair and equitable assessment, we offer accommodation at any stage during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. Questions regarding [diversity] EDI at UCalgary can be sent to the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (firstname.lastname@example.org) and requests for accommodations can be sent to Human Resources (email@example.com).
We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.