Faculty/Services: Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Educational level: Promoted
Function type: Academic Staff
Closing date: 29 August 2022
Vacancy number: 9776
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of Economics and Business and the Faculty of Law will make additional investments in the interdisciplinary theme: ‘Education, citizenship and democracy in a digital world’. Therefore the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for 5 Assistant Professors.
Do you have expertise in the areas of: The importance of (the development of) digital citizenship; Shadow sides of the platform society; The digital divide and equal citizenship? Are you a passionate researcher and can you initiate relevant new research?
What are you going to do
- You will develop and provide education in the Bachelor and Master programs of one of the Faculties involved;
- You will build your own line of research within the theme ‘Education, citizenship and democracy in a digital world’;
- You will present and publish your research to an international academic audience;
- You are active in the acquisition of research grants;
- You seek (knowledge) exchange and (research) cooperation with professionals on your research area;
- You make a positive contribution to the organization and cooperation within the program group and the department of which you will be part.
What do you have to offer?
- a completed PhD in the Social-/Behavioural Sciences;
- demonstrable experience in research on the theme ‘Education, citizenship and democracy in a digital world’;
- excellent research skills, as demonstrated by publications in international journals;
- original ideas for new, relevant research on the theme ‘Education, citizenship and democracy in a digital world’;
- experience with international research;
- experience with teaching in your disciplines of the participating departments;
- good communication, social and organizational skills.
In addition, you are an enthusiastic colleague who likes to share knowledge, embraces open science, is curious, critical and eager to learn, i.e. one with an academic attitude.
This is an temporay employment contract for 32 – 38 hours per week, for the duration of 18 months (12 months if you are already employed by the UvA). After positive evaluation and satisfactory performance, you will be offered a tenured position.
Depending on education and relevant work experience, the salary amounts to a minimum of €3,974 and a maximum of €5,439/€6,181 gross per month (scale 11 – scale 12) based on full-time working hours (38 hours per week), excluding 8% vacation allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The Cao Dutch Universities is applicable. In addition, we offer an extensive package of secondary employment conditions, including a generous vacation scheme and year-end bonus, and we believe it is important that you continue to develop and professionalize yourself. To this end, we offer excellent study and development opportunities.
What else can we offer you?
A challenging workplace with varied tasks and plenty of room for personal initiative and development in an inspiring organization.
You will work in the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences. depending on your area of expertise and your application.
You will be placed in the department of your expertise.
Working at the UvA means working in a critical, independent, innovative and international climate, with an open atmosphere and a strong commitment to Amsterdam and its (international) society.
The University of Amsterdam is the largest university in the Netherlands, with the broadest range of courses. An intellectual hub with 39,000 students, 6,000 staff and 3,000 PhD students. Connected by a culture of curiosity.
Curious about our organization and attractive fringe benefits such as a generous vacation plan and development opportunities? Read more about working at the University of Amsterdam here.
For questions about the position or the department please contact:
- Guda van Noort G.vanNoort@uva.nl (at the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences)
If you recognize yourself in the profile and are interested in the position, we look forward to receiving your application. You can apply online via the link below.
We would like to receive all together in one PDF:
- A motivation letter (250 words max) and curriculum vitae
- a statement of your research plans (400 words max)
- names of 2 references
The application period closes on August 29th, 2022. Applications received after the deadline, which are not sent via the link or are incomplete, will unfortunately not be considered.
The UvA is an equal-opportunity employer. We prioritise diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We value a spirit of enquiry and perseverance, provide the space to keep asking questions, and promote a culture of curiosity and creativity.
No agencies please
If an ‘Error GBB451’ occurs, please click here for more information and help.