Responsibilities for this position include conducting and publishing academic research as well as teaching, along with contributing to the service mission of the Department. Teaching responsibilities include courses in our Bachelor and Master programs and thesis supervision at the undergraduate, masters, and doctoral level.
The position is situated in the department of Innovation Management & Strategy which comprises five Full Professors, 11 Associate Professors, 19 Assistant Professors, and 11 PhD students. We have a diverse department with more than 40% international staff members. The department covers a variety of interests and disciplinary backgrounds and embraces varied methodological approaches with a keen focus on academic quality in research and teaching. We value research of both theoretical significance and practical relevance. We maintain a regular speaker series with guest speakers from leading institutions around the world, recently including Bocconi University, Cornell University, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Imperial College London, and London Business School among others. Research support and generous conference funding is provided through our research school SOM. Areas of research in the department include innovation, strategy, information systems, organization studies, and entrepreneurship (see: http://www.rug.nl/(…)fic-departments/ims/). The department contributes to programs at the (honours) Bachelor’s, Master’s, Research Master’s, and PhD level and is responsible for the coordination of four Master of Science tracks: Change Management, Small Business & Entrepreneurship, Strategic Innovation Management, and Healthcare Management & Economics.
We encourage candidates who fulfil the following conditions to apply:
1. hold a PhD degree (or be close to completion) in fields connected to Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organization Studies
2. have demonstrable potential for conducting high quality research and publishing in top management journals
3. have interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels and in mentoring students
4. be part of a wide, relevant national and international network
5. be a collegial staff member with good communication skills.
The department of Innovation Management & Strategy at the Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), University of Groningen, is looking for candidates to fill one full-time, tenure-track positions in the fields of Innovation and Entrepreneurship / Digital Transformation / Strategic Management / Organization Studies, or related areas. We are seeking highly motivated candidates that demonstrate excellent research and teaching abilities and willingness to collaborate with colleagues and PhD students of the faculty. All applicants should have completed their PhD or be close to completion.
The department is part of FEB, which is ranked among the top research institutions in Europe. FEB belongs to the 1% of business schools worldwide with both EQUIS and AACSB accreditations. FEB members publish in top general management journals such as Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management Studies, Management Science, and Journal of Management, as well as leading disciplinary journals such as MIS Quarterly, Organization Science, Strategic Management Journal, and Journal of International Business Studies. Our staff members are actively involved in many scholarly associations (AOM, AIS, EGOS, EURAM, SMS) and also serves in editor and editorial board roles at leading international journals.
Based in the Northern Netherlands, the University of Groningen is one of the oldest and largest in the country and is consistently ranked within the top 100 universities in the world. It is a truly global institution with close collaborations with renowned international universities.
Conditions of employment
We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary in line with Dutch regulations depending on qualifications and work experience (https://www.vsnu.nl/(…)-universiteiten.html). Monthly salary is starting from a minimum of € 3,974 (salary scale 11) to a maximum of € 6,181 gross (salary scale 12) for a full-time position
- excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. A fiscal facility pertaining to extraterritorial costs, the 30% facility, may be applicable if the rules of Dutch tax law permit this, rendering part of the salary exempt from tax.
Tenure track positions at the FEB are temporary positions subject to a tenure decision at the end. The candidate will be appointed for a period of seven years, on the condition of a positive mid-term evaluation in the third year of employment. On the basis of a positive final evaluation in the sixth year of employment, the candidate will be granted tenure and promoted to Associate Professor. Formal Tenure track requirements primarily include criteria with respect to research prominence, teaching, and service.
We assume candidates to start by February 2023 but the starting date is negotiable.
You are requested to submit:
1. a cover letter containing your motivation for the position
2. an up-to-date curriculum vitae
3. two letters of reference
4. two examples of publications and/or working papers
5. evidence of teaching ability (e.g., summarized teaching evaluations).
You may apply for this position until 31 August 11:59pm / before 1 September 2022 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Promising candidates will be invited for a campus visit shortly after the deadline.
The University of Groningen strives to be a university in which students and staff are respected and feel at home, regardless of differences in background, experiences, perspectives, and identities. We believe that working on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint responsibility and we are constructively working on creating a socially safe environment. Diversity among students and staff members enriches academic debate and contributes to the quality of our teaching and research. We therefore invite applicants from underrepresented groups in particular to apply. For more information, see also our diversity policy webpage: https://www.rug.nl/(…)rsity-and-inclusion/
Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/ and European Commission’s European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
We provide career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For information you can contact:
- Prof. Pedro de Faria, (informal meetings can be planned during AoM 2022 in Seattle), email@example.com
Please do not use the e-mail address(es) above for applications.