Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset.
The research group of Dr. Feiner (http://feiner-uller-group.se/) is recruiting a postdoc in evolutionary genomics. The position is fully-funded by a Starting Grant from the European Research Council (ERC). The project aims to reveal the genomic basis of adaptive diversification and parallel evolution of a suite of exaggerated colors, morphologies, and behaviors – a syndrome – in wall lizards (genus Podarcis; Yang, Feiner et al., 2021, Nature Communications). The successful applicant will use existing and collect new whole-genome re-sequencing data from a range of wild lizard populations to unravel signatures of parallel evolution in a comparative context. The exact project plan will be adjusted based on the background and interest of the applicant.
The main duties involved in a post-doctoral posistion is to conduct research. Teaching may also be included, but up to no more than 20% of working hours. The position shall include the opportunity for three weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning.
Detailed description of the work duties are:
- Active participation in the scientific design of the project
- Carrying out basic molecular biology
- Participation in field work
- Generation and analysis of sequencing datasets (whole-genome re-sequencing)
- Dissemination of the acquired insights, including writing of scientific publications
Appointment to a post-doctoral position requires that the applicant has a PhD, or an international degree deemed equivalent to a PhD, within the subject of the position, completed no more than three years before the date of employment decision. Under special circumstances, the doctoral degree can have been completed earlier.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English
- Expertise in the analyses of whole-genome datasets
- Programming skills
- Background in herpetology is advantageous
Assessment criteria and other qualifications
This is a career development position primarily focused on research. The position is intended as an initial step in a career, and the assessment of the applicants will primarily be based on their research qualifications and potential as researchers.
Particular emphasis will be placed on research skills within the subject.
For appointments to a post-doctoral position, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- Teaching skills
- Fulfilment of qualification requirements
- Documented ability to develop and complete high-quality research
- High intellectual capacity and problem-solving ability
- Technical and analytical know-how, organization skills
- Enthusiasm, dedication and an ability to work both independently and in a team
Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time, fixed-term employment of a maximum of three years. The period of employment is determined in accordance with the agreement “Avtal om tidsbegränsad anställning som postdoktor” (“Agreement on fixed-term employment as a post-doctoral fellow”) between Lund University, SACO-S and OFR/S, dated 1st February 2022.
Informal inquiries before applying are welcome (email@example.com).
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English and be compiled into a PDF-file containing:
- Motivation letter describing past research and future research interests (max. 2 pages).
- Résumé/CV, including a list of publications.
- Names, relation to and contact information of 2 professional references.
- Copy of the doctoral degree certificate, and other certificates/grades that you wish to be considered.
The Faculty of Science conducts research and education within Biology, Astronomy, Physics, Geosciences, Chemistry, Mathematics and Environmental Science. The Faculty is organized into nine departments, gathered in the northern campus area. The Faculty has approximately 1500 students, 330 PhD students and 700 employees.
We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
|Type of employment
|Temporary position longer than 6 months
|First day of employment
|January 1st, 2023 or according to agreement
|Number of positions
|Nathalie Feiner, forskare, firstname.lastname@example.org
|OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-2229362SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-2229364SEKO: Seko Civil, 046-2229366
|Last application date
|01.Sep.2022 11:59 PM CEST