As a Data Solution Architect at the Institute for Risk Assessment Sciences
(IRAS, Department of Population Health Sciences) you will work in close collaboration with both researchers, data stewards and data managers at the institute, as well as central IT services. You will lead on data governance and strategy, data architecture solutions for integrations, migrations, analytics, application development and data quality. Importantly, the applicant should be passionate about data, an excellent communicator, an inclusive team player and willing to learn new skills.
The applicant will play a crucial role in supporting various national and international research and education programs. Further, you will collaborate with different partners, both within the university and (inter)nationally, in the development of data infrastructures, dashboards, analytical platforms and other data toolings. You will be part of the data-management team currently consisting out of several data stewards and data managers.
- higher education background;
- excellent creative and analytical problem-solving skills, able to balance pragmatic and idealistic thinking when designing solutions;
- experience with relational databases;
- familiarity with data harmonisation standards and federative data analyses systems;
- experience in Datawarehousing;
- knowledge about cloud computing;
- familiarity in python and R-scripting;
- supportive, collaborative and inclusive work style;
- able to challenge ideas in a professional and constructive manner in order to achieve a better outcome for the organization;
- you enjoy working in a dynamic and innovative research environment;
- you work independently, proactively and have a strong sense of responsibility and organization sensitivity;
- experience with large scale (inter)national research projects and business development is a plus;
- you communicate well, verbally as well as in writing, both in English and in Dutch.
We offer a position (1.0 FTE) for a period of one year. After a positive evaluation, an indefinite employment is one of the possibilities. The minimum gross salary is €2,960 and the maximum gross salary is €5,439 (scale 10-11 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment.
Besides that, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %. Utrecht University also has an appealing package of terms of employment
, including the choice for a good balance between work and private (a good arrangement for leave, among other things), possibilities for development and an excellent pension scheme. For more information, please visit working at Utrecht University
About the organisation
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine has a unique position in the Netherlands. Not only is this the only institution where veterinarians are trained, researchers are also working together on innovative scientific research. In addition, the faculty provides specialist clinical care in the largest academic veterinary hospital
in Europe. Thanks to this position, the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is a point of contact for all veterinary matters, both nationally and increasingly internationally. The faculty employs approximately 900 veterinarians, scientists and support staff and counts 1,500 students.
Everyone deserves to feel at home at our university. We welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation via the ‘apply’ button.
The application deadline is 1 September 2022.