Job-ID: 3058/22 | Department: System Architectures | Salary: according TV-L | Working time: 40h/week (part-time work option) | Limitation: initially 2 years with option of extension | Entry Date: as soon as possible
As a member of the Hardware Security group within the department System Architectures, you will contribute to the latest research at IHP.
The following topics and tasks are to be dealt with:
- Hardware implementation of cryptographic algorithms
- Chip and FPGA design and test of the cryptographic hardware implementations
- Automation of the design synthesis flow
- Simulation of Power Traces and/or Fault Injections
- Evaluation of the resistance of the implemented cryptographic algorithms against selected attacks
- Presentation of the outcomes to international communities
- Integration of developed hardware in project relevant applications
- Preparation, supervision, and implementation of student projects and internships
Do you aspire a doctorate?
We highly encourage you to pursue your goal. Within the doctorate in the area of design methodology for engineering resilient systems, it is intended to implement a dynamically reconfigurable redundancy in hardware and to investigate its effectiveness as a countermeasure against physical attacks. The doctorate is supported by an experienced supervisor and accompanied within the framework of a supervision agreement. We aim together for completion of your doctorate within 3-5 years. After one and a half years, the topic will be finally defined and the contract duration will be adjusted accordingly by mutual agreement to the foreseeable doctoral period.
You already have finished a doctorate?
You will broaden and deepen your expertise and have opportunities to build your reputation as a scientist in international and interdisciplinary projects with global visibility at the edge of top-notch technologies.
- Master’s degree or a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a comparable field
- Strong background and excellent knowledge of mathematic, digital circuit architecture and design
- Programming/specification: VHDL or Verilog, C or C++, Linux shell scripting skillsets
- Confident handling of the English language