Are you a passionate researcher with interest and profound knowledge in the exciting and future oriented field of design engineering and manufacturing? That’s great because the Department of Design, Production and Management within the Faculty Engineering Technology of the University of Twente has several openings for assistant professors.
- HOURS40 hr.
- SALARY INDICATION€ 3,974 – € 6,181
- DEADLINE2 Sep 2022
Are you a passionate researcher with interest and profound knowledge in the exciting and future oriented field of design engineering and manufacturing? That’s great because the Department of Design, Production and Management within the Faculty Engineering Technology of the University of Twente has several openings for assistant professors around topics like:
- Smart and sustainable manufacturing
- Human factors in manufacturing and operations
- Life cycle engineering
- Information driven product development & engineering
- Smart learning and research factories
In both research and education you’ll work on innovative technologies, methods and tools to eventually improve the design, manufacturing, operation and circularity of future products and services. While aiming at a sustainable society this explicitly includes the consideration of technical, economic, environmental as well as social aspects. Utilizing advanced opportunities through digitalization is a key aspect.
Your passion and expertise is wanted to support research and education. This includes the development and set up of innovative solutions within our own learning and research factories but also in industrial contexts. Specific fields of action within this position include:
- Development of innovative solutions along the life cycle of products and services including design, manufacturing, operation and circularity aspects
- Practical implementation and experimental testing in both research and industrial environments
- Development and implementation of new educational formats along the topics addressed
- Investigate latest developments in the field and writing of related publications
- Strong interaction with related internal and external partners
- We are looking for a highly motivated, positive and hardworking researcher with a PhD degree and expertise related to the positions mentioned above
- You have a relevant engineering background (e.g. manufacturing, design & development) but also skills in areas like information and communication technology (hardware, software/ programming), data analytics/machine learning and modelling/assessment of technical systems
- We seek candidates with good team spirit and multidisciplinary curiosity, who like to work in an internationally oriented environment where many cultures meet
- Proficiency in English is a requirement
- We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment on an attractive and green campus with lots of facilities for sports and leisure.
- The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A fulltime position for 1 year, with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- A gross salary between € 3.974,- and € 6.181,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications. The salary is in accordance with Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Please include an application/motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest, qualifications and motivation to apply, a detailed CV (resume) and a publication list. Please indicate clearly which of the topics you’re preferring and why.
You can apply until 2nd of September 2022. For selected candidates we plan to conduct a first round of online interviews on September 16th or September 20th.
For more information please contact Prof. Sebastian Thiede, Chair of Manufacturing Systems, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Women are explicitly asked to apply for this position. This is part of the University of Twente’s strategy to increase the proportion of women among its faculty and to create a working environment that is diverse and inclusive and supportive of excellence in research and teaching.