Do you want to be part of a unique merger between the VU Amsterdam and University of Twente as an assistant professor? If so, this position may be a fit for you!
- HOURS40 hr.
- SALARY INDICATION€ 3,974 – € 6,181
- DEADLINE31 Aug 2022
In order to develop more talent for the engineering domains, the University of Twente has build a partnership with the VU Amsterdam, in order to, amongst others, offer bachelor and master programs from the University of Twente together with VU Amsterdam, at the location of VU Amsterdam. One those programmes is Creative Technology. Working in this context means that you will be part of a unique merger that doubles your opportunities. Come work for two universities that together train broadly developed technical talent. At the cutting edge of every conceivable science, you will work towards a resilient, sustainable, digital society.
The Robotics and Mechatronics group (RaM) does research into the design and development of new applications of Robotics. Core expertises of the group are in robotics for care (MRI compatible robots, medical imaging), tele-robotics, haptics, wearable robotics (co-bots), aerial robots and bio-inspired robotics for service and maintenance. Within the scope of this position a link between research and education (so, for example, a connection with creative industry) with a focus on Design driven research is a pre. In the education track two complimentary topics recognised: Design of Smart Technology or Interactive Media, where the link between Smart Technology and Robotics is the strongest. A focus on the ‘human aspect’ (so HRI, Human-Robot collaboration) is a must.
You can find more information here: https://www.ram.eemcs.utwente.nl/
Education in the context of Creative Technology:
The bachelor programme Creative Technology is taught in English and is an interdisciplinary program in which the latest smart technology and interactive media for developing solutions that will contribute to a better future for people and society are taught, as well as the principles of Humane by Design. Throughout the many hands?on projects, students gain technical knowledge and skills, as well as the ability to understand how media and technology influence humans, design and creative processes. Using extensive knowledge of computer science and electrical engineering, students learn to cover the entire creation process: from identifying the core question to building a working prototype and testing it with users.
You have a strong interest and shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment. A successful candidate will also demonstrate her or his intrinsic motivation and strong abilities for teaching, particularly at the bachelor level, and to various groups of students. You have excellent communication skills, allowing efficient interaction with colleagues. The position is at the University of Twente, but the teaching location will mainly be at the VU Amsterdam, but you are also willing to teach in Enschede at the University of Twente.
Furthermore, we encourage you to apply if:
- You have a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Cognitive Science or likewise.
- You have a passion for teaching and the ambition to become a creative technology teacher.
- You are capable of strengthening the RAM group.
- You have strong abilities for high-quality research.
- You are effective in acquiring external funding.
- You have excellent communication skills and are a team player.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage.
- You have a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire one within three years.
- We offer a fulltime structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation.
- Our terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %.
- Depending on your relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 3974,– (scale 11) to € 6181,– (scale 12) gross per month.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- A solid pension scheme.
- We are also a family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
- Furthermore, we offer excellent professional and personal development programs.
- Finally, you will work in a lively, inspiring and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization, where you will have a high degree of responsibility and independence.
INFORMATION AND APPLICATION
Are you interested in joining our team? Please submit your application before the 1st of September, via the “Apply Now” button below, including:
- A curriculum vitae (including, list of publications, research and teaching statement)
- A cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
You are welcome to contact Dr. A. M. Schaafstal for any questions you might have firstname.lastname@example.org