The Quantitative Genetics research group is interested in devising and evaluating ‘omics’-based breeding strategies to boost selection gain in (pre)breeding programs. Our model crop is wheat, but research activities also encompass barley, German chamomile, common bean, soybean, maize, rye, Arabidopsis, and canola. In the frame of a third party funded research project, we are looking for a PhD-student:
- Develop improved genome-wide association mapping and prediction approaches to understand gene × (crop) × gene (pathogen) × environment interactions.
- Test the models using experimental data in wheat.
- Publish results in high-impact journals.
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in plant breeding, mathematics, statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics, or related fields.
- You have familiarity with R and Python.
You fit to us:
- …if you have good writing and oral communication skills.
- …if you can work both independently and as part of a team.
- …if you are interested in plant breeding and data mining.
We offer you:
- …an interesting research project.
- …a friendly and productive working environment.
- …an employment starting on 01.10.2022 or later, limited for 3 years.
- …a gross salary up to 65% E13 TV-L.
If you need further information feel free to contact Dr. Lars-Gernot Otto (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5218.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your online-application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf document (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/) until 18.08.2022. If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Kerstin Schweigert (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de).
Please indicate the reference number 44/07/22 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered. Foreign qualifications must carry out an equivalence test in Germany, which is subject to a fee. This must be presented in the event of later hiring: https://www.kmk.org/zab/central-office-for-foreign-education/statement-ofcomparability-for-foreign-higher-education-qualifications.html